corner corner Fairest (rpkg)

Fairest (rpkg)
by Gail Carson Levine | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Minerva101 of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 3/22/2011

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Minerva101 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I thought this book was quite wonderful - very different than most fantasies I've read. I really liked the musical aspect of the story. I also liked the 'self esteem' aspect for YA readers. People never look at you as critically as you look at yourself.

Product Description
Once upon a time, there was a girl who wanted to be pretty . . .

Aza's singing is the fairest in all the land, and the most unusual. She can "throw"t her voice so it seems to come from anywhere. But singing is only one of the two qualities prized in the Kingdom of Ayortha. Aza doesn't possess the other: beauty. Not even close. She's hidden in the shadows in her parents' inn, but when she becomes lady-in-waiting to the new queen, she has to step into the light—especially when the queen demands a dangerous favor. A magic mirror, a charming prince, a jealous queen, palace intrigue, and an injured king twine into a maze that Aza must penetrate to save herself and her beloved kingdom.

Journal Entry 2 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, April 08, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (4/8/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Mailed to mathgirl40 in Ontario as her request from the YA VBB.
Thank for playing and I hope you enjoy it
:-D

Journal Entry 3 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 12, 2011

This book, which I chose from Minerva101's YA VBB, arrived today. My 12-year-old, who enjoyed Ella Enchanted very much, wanted to read this, and I'm sure we'll both enjoy it very much.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

This was a charming and fun story which both my daughter and I enjoyed.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (8/24/2011 UTC) at Waterloo, Ontario Canada

I've put this book into a bookbox (http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/10090970/) that will be travelling across Canada.

Journal Entry 6 by froggie66 at Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Monday, November 28, 2011

This stopped by in the Cross Canada Book Box. This is on my maybe list.

Journal Entry 7 by froggie66 at Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Thursday, May 10, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (5/6/2012 UTC) at Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Mailed to Hyphen8 from the Cross Canada Book Box. Another to cross off your list.

Journal Entry 8 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, August 03, 2012

This book by Newbery Honor author Gail Carson Levine arrived today with a bunch of goodies from a very sweet Canadian. Thank you for thinking of me!

(Larger photo here.)

Journal Entry 9 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (11/12/2013 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Headed out as a very late birthday RABCK - or a very early one. Call it a half-birthday gift...

Enjoy!