corner corner The Madman's Diary

The Madman's Diary
by Thom Racina | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by kafka of Phoenix, Arizona USA on 9/7/2003

status (set by brewski): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by kafka from Phoenix, Arizona USA on Sunday, September 07, 2003

Palm Springs interior designer Judy Sussman is shocked by the brutal murder of a business associate. Her seemingly charmed life has had its share of ups and downs--including the suicide of a former boyfriend and the disappearance of another.

Besides Judy, there is another link in this chain of tragedies. A man whose obsession with her will never end until she finally sees the spirit she has awakened in him. The one that drives him to madness. The one that drives him to kill--and kill again...

Journal Entry 2 by kafka at Postal Release in Postal release, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Friday, December 05, 2003

Released on Friday, December 05, 2003 at Postal Release in Postal release, Postal Release Controlled Releases.

On the way to brewski...Happy Birthday!

Journal Entry 3 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Monday, December 15, 2003

I received this in the mail today. Thank you so much for the RABCK :) I'm really looking forward to reading this one.

Journal Entry 4 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Thursday, November 01, 2007

Wow, it's been nearly 4 years since I received this generous RABCK from kafka. I can thank guinaveve's 2007 Keep Them Moving Challenge for giving me the "push" to read books that I have received from other BookCrossers.

I noticed that there is praise featured on the back cover of this book for another of this author's work, Secret Weapon from Harriet Klausner reading "Pulse-pounding suspense...an exciting winner." This led me to check Ms Klausner's review of this book on Amazon.com. She rated it 5 stars.

Well I am going to rate it 5 as well...unfortunately that is on a scale of 10 here on BC. I found this book to be only okay. There was some suspense to the book and it was good enough that I finished the book rather than setting it aside, but there were a few things that bothered me.
1. I found the writing style a bit uninteresting
2. Gratuitous derogatory references to Mexican and Chinese people by characters in the book
3. Lame ending...and contrary to Ms Klausner's review, I do not want to see a sequel to this book

Journal Entry 5 by brewski at JRT Automotive - 395 Red Maple Rd in Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 04, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (11/5/2007 UTC) at JRT Automotive - 395 Red Maple Rd in Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada

On the OBCZ table inside JRT Automotive. Visit the JRT Automotive website or the JRT Automotive OBCZ Bookshelf for more details about this location.

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, brewski, as your referring member.

Journal Entry 6 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Friday, March 07, 2008

I've reclaimed this from the JRT Automotive OBCZ for release elsewhere since it has been languishing for several months now.

Journal Entry 7 by brewski at Scotiabank, Bay and King in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Thursday, March 13, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (3/13/2008 UTC) at Scotiabank, Bay and King in Toronto, Ontario Canada

On the window ledge of the 25th floor lunchroom of the 44 King St W building.

To the finder of this book: