corner corner Stardust

Stardust
by Neil Gaiman | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by SallaW of Espoo, Uusimaa Finland on Thursday, March 17, 2011

status (set by d-vineland): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by SallaW from Espoo, Uusimaa Finland on Thursday, March 17, 2011

"In the sleepy English countryside at the dawn of the Victorian era, life moves at a leisurely pace in the tiny town of Wall. Young Tristan Thorn has lost his heart to the beautiful Victoria Forester, but Victoria is cold and distant as the star she and Tristan see fall from the sky one evening. For the prize of Victoria's hand, Tristan vows to retrieve the star for his beloved. It is an oath that sends the lovelorn swain over the town's ancient wall and into a world that is dangerous and strange beyond imagining..."

Journal Entry 2 by SallaW at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (3/30/2011 UTC) at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Sending this to d-vineland as a RABCK! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingd-vinelandwing at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Sunday, April 10, 2011

Oh, I will! Thanks a lot!!

Jan2012: That was a really nice book. At first sight, it looks deceivingly like a cute fairy tale. Naaa, no "cute" there.

I decided to pass on the RandomBCKindness and: It's a ring!:

1. Mary-T
2. Tardil
3. Tiamat-muc
4. Charly83

and at last: coco7

P. S. It WAS a ring.

Journal Entry 4 by wingd-vinelandwing at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Monday, February 06, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (2/6/2012 UTC) at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Travelled not through the wall, but to Mary-T - viel Spaß damit!

Journal Entry 5 by Mary-T at Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Saturday, February 11, 2012

The book arrived safe and sound. Thanks!!

17-March-12
Well half way through, I've skipped it. It really seems Neil Gaiman is not my type... I already tried it with "Good omens" and it was no good, too. Well - that's the way it is.

Anyway, thanks for giving me the chance to try it.

The book is now on its way to the next participant.

Journal Entry 6 by TARDIL at Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, March 26, 2012

The postman tried to force it into my letter box last week (don't worry, he gave up fast and the book is all right) - I just didn't find the time to journal it yet.

April 12, 2012
Truly a fascinating and absolutely fantastic story. I'd seen the film before (I bet, a lot of us have), but besides the main story thread, they are totally different.
And still, both tell the same story of Tristran Thorn finding a star and his heart's desire.
So, yeah, I really love Neil Gaiman's stories. And sometimes I just think about searching the town of Wall in our world, take the step through the opening in the wall and into a new life. But then I remember, that I would miss all the great Neil Gaiman stories yet to come.

Journal Entry 7 by TARDIL at Nürnberg, Bayern Germany on Saturday, April 28, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (5/5/2012 UTC) at Nürnberg, Bayern Germany

Buch wird an Tiamat-Muc übergeben

Journal Entry 8 by Tiamat-muc at München, Bayern Germany on Monday, October 22, 2012

TARDIL hat mir das Buch schon vor Monaten in Nürnberg übergeben - nun habe ich endlich eine freie Minute (und den Umschlag aus meinen Umzugskartons wieder ausgegraben) und komme zum JE. Sorry, falls jemand das Buch schon vermisst hat; ich gelobe Besserung und fange auch demnächst zu lesen an!

31.10.12
Hmm, ich fand ausnahmsweise mal den Film besser. Seltsam... Und meine beiden Lieblingszitate stammen auch nicht aus Stardust, sondern aus dem Interview (über das Katze-sein: "when all else fails, wash") und dem ersten Kapitel zu Wall, was ich irgendwie sofort lesen wollen würde ("And after thirty years had passed, all that remained in her memory was the sheen of green and violet on a magpie's wings: the knowledge that, when you got up close, it wasn't simply black and white.").

Mal sehen, ob es noch von einer weiteren Person hier gelesen werden möchte. Falls nicht, reist es weiter, sobald ich die nächste Adresse habe

Journal Entry 9 by Tiamat-muc at München, Bayern Germany on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (3/25/2013 UTC) at München, Bayern Germany

absolute Asche - ihr dürft mich einreiben! Nun ist auch mein Freund fertig, also reist das Buch endlich weiter

Journal Entry 10 by Charly83 at Schwerin, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Germany on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The book arrived today. Thanks to Tiamat-muc for sending.

Journal Entry 11 by Charly83 at Schwerin, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Germany on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I liked the book very much. It's fantastic. To me it was never a "too much" of fantasy elements and the story fitted well.
Thanks for the BookRing, d-vineland. I will pass it on the the next reader.

Journal Entry 12 by coco7 at Sprendlingen, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Friday, April 19, 2013

The book arrived here. I love the film, so let's see what's different ...

Journal Entry 13 by coco7 at Sprendlingen, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Saturday, May 25, 2013

I like the story a lot, but all the time I saw the movie actors before me while reading, and that got on my nerves. Taught me to never watch a movie before reading the book again.

Mrcoco refrained from reading the book for this reason, and it can go home now.

Journal Entry 14 by wingd-vinelandwing at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Sunday, May 26, 2013

Wieder sicher bei mir gelandet, und aus der händischen Übergabe beim MeenzUp habe ich gleich eine händische Weitergabe gemacht. Noch keine Ahnung, wer es mitgenommen hat.

Journal Entry 15 by wingd-vinelandwing at - irgendwo in Mainz in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Sunday, May 26, 2013

Released 10 mos ago (5/26/2013 UTC) at - irgendwo in Mainz in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Viel Vergnügen!

Oh, und über einen Eintrag (geht auch anonym) würde ich mich sehr freuen.

Ging gestern beim MeenzUp gleich an den nächsten Leser.