corner corner Death At La Fenice

Death At La Fenice
by Donna Leon | Literature & Fiction
Registered by NICNIC2 of Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on 3/14/2011

status (set by NICNIC2): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by NICNIC2 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, March 14, 2011

My thoughts on this book:
Readable murder mystery set in Venice. I wouldn't say it was gripping exactly but I was interested enough to keep reading. The revelation about Wellauer towards the end was a complete surprise. I can't say that I loved this book but I would probably read the next one in the series to see how the characters are developed. There are a lot of complaints about the effects of tourism on Venice but considering the author is not native I think this is a bit rich.

This book is travelling in a bookring!
Here are some gentle rules for my bookrings/rays:

1. Please don't feel under pressure to read the book at break-neck speed but do try to finish it within a month (if you need longer than this then add a journal entry to let us know :) )
2. Don't panic if the book dies while you have it, just PM me so I can get a replacement up and running.
3. Please journal when you receive the book, then edit that journal entry or add a new one to let us all know what you thought.
4. Make release notes when you have sent the book on to the next member.

I hope everyone enjoys reading the book. I'm looking forward to reading all of your comments.

Bookring participants (in order of shipping - please check back as this can change!!):

Penelopewanders (Switzerland)
Hayes13 (Italy) emmmersss (US)<---here!
NICNIC2(UK)

Journal Entry 2 by NICNIC2 at St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (3/22/2011 UTC) at St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom

Off to Switzerland for penelopewanders in the first leg of our bookring.

Journal Entry 3 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Arrived here as a ring... it may travel to Mallorca when I go on holiday next week and be sent on from there... otherwise it might have to dally a bit here in the Alps until I return as I've another ring here before this one and am flat out work-wise until I leave on holiday!
I've enjoyed all the other Donna Leons I've read so far, so look forward to this one. Thanks for making this book available!

Journal Entry 4 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Here as a ring, I've taken it on holiday to read. Hadn't indulged in a Leon in a long while and enjoyed it. Somehow I remembered Brunetti's kids as being older so a bit confused by the time-line. Will try to send it from here if I can get it parcelled and to the post office when it's open...

Journal Entry 5 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Capdepera, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Saturday, April 23, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (4/20/2011 UTC) at Capdepera, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain

Got this to the post office just before they shut for Easter weekend. So from our island to the peninsula across the way - over to Italy. Enjoy. Thanks for making this available.

Journal Entry 6 by Hayes13 at Roma, Lazio Italy on Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Arrived this morning... thank you! Can't wait to read this, but I have a few things in line first. Will hurry along as fast as I can :-)

Journal Entry 7 by Hayes13 at Roma, Lazio Italy on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I am about halfway through... lots of vicarious thrills: I haven't been to Venice in such a long time.

I have the next reader's address and will send it off soon.

Journal Entry 8 by Hayes13 at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, trades, California USA on Thursday, May 19, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (5/20/2011 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, trades, California USA

This was fun! Love starting a series that will keep me entertained for a good long while. Thank you for including me in this ring.

Off it goes to California!

Journal Entry 9 by emmmersss at Coachella, California USA on Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Received this in the mail last night! I'm going to start reading it in approximately 45 minutes! I can't wait! Thanks for sending it way over the ocean, Hayes13! (:

Journal Entry 10 by NICNIC2 at St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Arrived home today. Thanks for taking part everyone! I'm planning to release this in the wild soon.

Journal Entry 11 by NICNIC2 at St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

If you're new to BookCrossing - welcome! I hope you will enjoy the site as much as I have. BookCrossing is about spreading literature around the world for free. Please make a journal entry for the book you have found so we can see where it travels to next. You can do this anonymously if you like but if you decide to join (its free!!) please consider entering me (NICNIC2) as your referring member. I don't receive anything for this but I like knowing that I've encouraged someone else to catch the BookCrossing bug! Happy reading!!

Journal Entry 12 by NICNIC2 at Largo Cemetery in Upper Largo, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, November 18, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (11/17/2011 UTC) at Largo Cemetery in Upper Largo, Scotland United Kingdom

Released for the 2011 Monopoly Challenge as Team Battleship's extra release for passing Go!!!

Left on the wall by the gates.