corner corner Mockingjay

Mockingjay
by Suzanne Collins | Children's Books
Registered by klaradyn of Praha, Praha Czech Republic on Monday, March 14, 2011

status (set by judysh): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by klaradyn from Praha, Praha Czech Republic on Monday, March 14, 2011

From amazon.co.uk:
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she's made it out of the bloody arena alive, she's still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge... The thrilling final instalment of this ground-breaking trilogy promises to be one of the most talked-about books of the year.

Journal Entry 2 by klaradyn at Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Sunday, July 31, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (7/30/2011 UTC) at Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa

On the way to megami-no-ushi as a RABCK. I had to use surface mail, so the book will take a few months to arrive.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmegami-no-ushiwing at Brattleboro, Vermont USA on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Thank you so much!! Now that I have the matched set I'm so excited to delve into this world I've heard so much about. I think I'll hold off until I go home for Christmas so that I can devour all three and not worry about papers and school reading etc!

Journal Entry 4 by wingmegami-no-ushiwing at Brattleboro, Vermont USA on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Absolutely spectacular series!! I'm so glad I waited to read all three back to back in as many days! I'll send this around to a couple local bookcrossers but this series is an absolute permanent collection material!!

Thank you SO much Klaradyn!

Journal Entry 5 by wingmegami-no-ushiwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (1/29/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Passed to crossing guard.

To the finder:
Calgary has an active group of BookCrossers that meet to swap books and discuss book crossing every second Saturday of the month at 11am at the Joshua Tree Cafe on Edmonton Trail. We always love to meet new crossers, so please join us any time you like!

Journal Entry 6 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Passed to me along with the other two in the trilogy. Can't wait to read it.

Journal Entry 7 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 10, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (3/10/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Wow, another great book in the trilogy! An interesting look at human weaknesses and what happens when a puppet trys to cut the strings. I will have to take a look at what else Collins has wrote as this is a great trilogy.

I'm taking this to Fracula, she wanted to read it.

Are you in the Calgary area and interested in meeting up with other Calgary BookCrossers? Please check out our facebook group, "BookCrossing Calgary" for details on how. Meeting are held on the second Saturday of every month at the Joshua Tree Cafe starting at 11am. New Crossers are always welcome.

Journal Entry 8 by stormarela at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 11, 2012

Received at the Joshua Cafe Book Crossing coffee meeting.

Journal Entry 9 by stormarela at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/5/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I love this book and the whole series. Very quickly read, because I could not stop!

Released at Tim Hortons over coffee.

Journal Entry 10 by wingFraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 07, 2012

I decided to pass this book to the next readers in line. Will take it to the April meet-up.

Journal Entry 11 by wingFraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/14/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing at the April Meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers at the Joshua Tree Café.

Journal Entry 12 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Picked up at the meeting today. Looking forward to it.

Journal Entry 13 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, April 26, 2012

LOved the series - read this one anxiously also. Love is a funny thing, just as power is. There were some things that happened that I sure wouldn't have predicted. Think I am like Tara and book 2 waas my favorite, but very impressed with the series.

Journal Entry 14 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/12/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the May meeting at the Joshua Tree Cafe to either pass on or leave on the bookshelf.

Journal Entry 15 by BlackGryphon at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, May 13, 2012

I have some catching up to do in this series, but I'll get to this one quickly! Thanks!

Journal Entry 16 by BlackGryphon at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, June 15, 2012

Lots of drama, tension, confused emotions, sadness and angst flying around in this book. This wasn't my favourite in the series mainly because I was frustrated with how it all ends, but I did like the drama in the middle where Katniss wrestles with being manipulated by everyone. This will come back to the BC meeting next month. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 17 by BlackGryphon at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (7/14/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Book is making its way back to the meet-up!

Journal Entry 18 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, July 15, 2012

Grabbed at get together

Journal Entry 19 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 11, 2012

A divinely written conclusion by Suzanne Collins. The character development continues to be natural and incredibly well done. The conclusion was predictable and perfect, and the journey throughout the book like to change things up. There's on sacrifice I would've perferred saved, but that's probably part of the point.

I'd also like to note that as a true testament to the quality of writing, I had a friend who had only ever finished 3 books within his entire life. After we saw the Hunger Games, I was telling him about the differences between the book and movie, and more of the background to the world. This got him a bit interested in what other details are in the book, so he picked up the first one... and before the week was done had finished all three. They were so well written that he was hooked and his count of finished books has now been doubled to 6.

Thanks for the amazing read!

Journal Entry 20 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (8/11/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to get together

Journal Entry 21 by Crataegus at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, August 13, 2012

Snuck into queue and finished the book before the day was done. Picked up at August 11, 2012 Calgary book crossing meeting. Such a bittersweet feeling to finish a series. Thanks for the catch!

Will pass off next time I'm at a crossing meeting to next in queue. :)

Journal Entry 22 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Got this at the December book crossing meeting. Looking forward to reading it although I'm not sure I'm going to be glad to finish the series. I have surprised myself by really enjoying it so far.

Journal Entry 23 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 11, 2013

Out of all the three books probably liked this one the least. I found it a bit hard to follow but perhaps that was because I waited to long between book 2 and book 3. Some surprises and twists along the way but overall a great ending to a great series.

Journal Entry 24 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 11, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (5/11/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the May bookcrossing meeting to pass on to the next reader on the list.

Journal Entry 25 by wingmegami-no-ushiwing at Cafe D'Amour in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Released 9 mos ago (12/12/2013 UTC) at Cafe D'Amour in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Taken to the Winnipeg bookcrossing meetup to be swapped or left on the shelves. Glad to get this awesome book that was originally from South Africa moving again!

To the finder:

Journal Entry 26 by winggypsysmomwing at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Friday, December 13, 2013

I am currently reading Catching Fire, the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy, so when megami-no-ushi showed up with this book I put my hand up for it. So did K-i-s-m-e-t but she hasn't read #2 yet so she graciously allowed me to take it. I promised to pass it on to her when I have finished. I don't think that will be long because I gather from the discussion about the movie that the end of the second installment is somewhat of a cliffhanger.

Thanks megami-no-ushi. It was great to meet you and I hope to see you again soon.

Journal Entry 27 by winggypsysmomwing at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Sunday, December 22, 2013

I'm a little bit sad to have finished this trilogy but, of course, as soon as I dipped into the book I read voraciously until I completed it. I can hardly wait until the Mockingjay film is released so I can go see it.

In Book 2 we left Katniss, having just been rescued from the Hunger Games arena, learning that District 12, her home district, had been bombed into oblivion by the Capitol in a reprisal for the rebellion spurred by Katniss. Fortunately Gale had been able to rescue her mother and sister along with about 800 other people and then the people of District 13 showed up to take them all in. Katniss is needed as a figurehead for the rebellion but she is not sure she wants to take that role. And then Peeta appears on the state TV asking everyone to engage in a ceasefire and Katniss figures out that the Capital will never submit to a ceasefire. She agrees to assume the Mockingjay role to inspire all the rebels but, being Katniss, she will never be just a figurehead. This book takes us right into the streets of the Capitol and to the door of Swan's mansion, fighting every step of the way. And of course not everyone will survive. Read it to find out who does and who does not. I was surprised.

I'll take this to the next meetup for K-i-s-m-e-t to take home, yet another step for the long journey of this book.

Journal Entry 28 by winggypsysmomwing at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Released 8 mos ago (1/9/2014 UTC) at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

This book is going to K-i-s-m-e-t.

Journal Entry 29 by K-i-s-m-e-t at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Monday, February 10, 2014

I picked this book up at our January get-together, but it seems that I failed to "catch" it. Sorry about that! I've finished reading it now and I really enjoyed it! After the disappointing non-ending of book two, I was pleased that this third volume had a real ending. It was not at all what I expected (and I like that!), but it definitely wrapped things up nicely.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this trilogy and I'll be keeping my eyes open for more novels by this author.

Journal Entry 30 by K-i-s-m-e-t at Cafe D'Amour in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Released 7 mos ago (2/13/2014 UTC) at Cafe D'Amour in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

I'm taking this book with me to our monthly BookCrossing get together at Cafe D'Amour. If no one takes it home, it will remain on the shelf patiently awaiting its next reader.

Journal Entry 31 by judysh at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Looking forward to reading this book, picked up at bookcrossing, Cafe D'Amour, Winnipeg.