corner corner The Elegance of the Hedgehog

The Elegance of the Hedgehog
by Muriel Barbery | Literature & Fiction
Registered by marsala of - Ergens in de provincie, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on 3/10/2011

status (set by elstaplador): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by marsala from - Ergens in de provincie, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hi and Welcome to Bookcrossing!

If you found this book and are not familiar with BookCrossing, thanks for checking the site out. Welcome! Enjoy both the book and the site.

People all over the world are tracking their books through BookCrossing.

I really hope you'll journal this book! You can stay anonymous if you like. You can journal the book right now! You don’t have to read it first. Ideally, you will post a journal now saying that you’ve found this particular book, then read (and hopefully enjoy) the book. When you’re done reading, come back here and let us know when and where you will pass the book on to another reader. Give a review if you’d like. If you journal it, you can come back anytime to track its journey.

If you decide to join – and it’s FREE - please consider using me, Marsala, as the member who referred you. If you are already familiar with BookCrossing, thanks for picking up the book.

Either way, I hope you'll make a journal entry so all previous and future readers can track this book's journey. Happy reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 2 by marsala at Camel & Artichoke in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (4/12/2011 UTC) at Camel & Artichoke in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom

Released at the pub this evening.

Journal Entry 3 by smallbluepebble at Ilford, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thank you for sharing this book, Marsala. I took a handful home with me yesterday, so it may take a little while to get around to reading it. Perhaps I'll see you when I bring this book back to the Camel & Artichoke to find its next reader :-)

Journal Entry 4 by smallbluepebble at Ilford, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, July 03, 2011

A beautiful cover, an enigmatic title, a Parisian setting... this book promised so much, but delivered so little.

From the cover... "Resistance is futile... You might as well buy it before someone recommends it for your book group, Its charm will make you say yes." The Guardian.

This sums it up perfectly... a book written specifically for book groups. The plot and characters are dreary. The tangential, long-winded philosophical musings are boring. I truly wish I had read 320 pages of something else. But this is just my opinion :-)

Journal Entry 5 by smallbluepebble at Camel & Artichoke in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (7/12/2011 UTC) at Camel & Artichoke in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom

Back to the Camel and Artichoke for a Bookcrossing get-together.

Journal Entry 6 by elstaplador at -- Trains, Tube, Buses --, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Picked up from the OBCZ at the Camel and Artichoke.

Journal Entry 7 by elstaplador at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, August 19, 2013

I took this away on holiday, got about half way in, and decided it wasn't actually worth lugging back from the West Country. It's all a bit precious, and the style is terribly ploddy. The latter may be the fault of the translator, but I don't think they can possibly be to blame for the former.

Journal Entry 8 by elstaplador at St Anne's (Millfield School) in Baltonsborough, Somerset United Kingdom on Monday, August 19, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (8/18/2013 UTC) at St Anne's (Millfield School) in Baltonsborough, Somerset United Kingdom

This book has been released as part of the BookCrossing.com project, which allows readers to follow the books they've loved and passed on as they travel through the wild. If you enjoy this book, please consider leaving a journal entry below saying where you found it, what you thought of it, and where it might be going next.

This is Team Ruritania's entry in the Trampolining event of the BookCrossing Olympics (http://bookcrossingolympics.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/trampolining.html). Baltonsborough is hard to get to unless you're very good at buses, have a car, or don't mind walking from Glastonbury - and the release is within a school building. Access is by code only, and I'm not going to give you the code!