corner corner The Year 1000: What Life Was Like at the Turn of the First Millennium: An Englishman's World

Journal Entry 1 by Cpetersky from Seattle, Washington USA on Saturday, September 06, 2003

One of those books written to cash in on the turn of the millenium a few years back. Despite this, its a reasonable read, interesting but not riveting.

Journal Entry 2 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, December 03, 2004

Arrived today. Thank you!

Journal Entry 3 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, December 21, 2004

An interesting read.

Journal Entry 4 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Monday, January 31, 2005

Accepted by irishajo as part of the "Non-Fiction Only" Relay

Journal Entry 5 by irishajo from Indianapolis, Indiana USA on Monday, February 14, 2005

Received today. Thanks!

Journal Entry 6 by irishajo from Indianapolis, Indiana USA on Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I haven't been able to find the time to read this, so I'm going to send it along to kayote since I'm moving and I need to make the job easier!

Journal Entry 7 by wingkayotewing from Urbana, Illinois USA on Saturday, May 28, 2005

This sounds absolutely fascinating. This will probably be read soon.

Journal Entry 8 by wingkayotewing at Urbana, Illinois USA on Saturday, July 08, 2017

So....soon was over a decade later. I blame moving soon after I got the book and losing a few boxes of books in the basement.

I read it a few months ago (before moving again) and I am annoyed at past-self for not journaling it then because I don't remember it clearly after a month of moving.

I enjoyed it. That much I remember. I learned more about the rhythm of life in an agricultural community--didn't realize early spring was a hungry time!

It was an interesting view into life, even if it doesn't have that many sources to draw on, and they are heavily related to the male (which it admits).

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingkayotewing at Urbana, Illinois USA on Saturday, July 08, 2017

Set it out in the free box when a neighbor had a garage sale. Enjoy!