corner corner The Ruins of California

The Ruins of California
by Martha Sherrill | Literature & Fiction
Registered by stringofpearls of Escondido, California USA on 2/28/2011

status (set by NXS-581865): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by stringofpearls from Escondido, California USA on Monday, February 28, 2011

Bought this because I'm looking for a good book by a California author for a "Travel Around the World" exchange. This book looks promising because the story is also set in CA.

Journal Entry 2 by stringofpearls at Escondido, California USA on Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (3/8/2011 UTC) at Escondido, California USA

Just mailed. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by lizzyblack at Ponte Lambro, Lombardia Italy on Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thank you! I just received the book together with a lot of nice surprises!

Journal Entry 4 by lizzyblack at Ponte Lambro, Lombardia Italy on Thursday, May 26, 2011

This book is really strange. At the beginning it took me a while to "enter" in the plot, but then I was in and enjoyed it very much! The strange thing is that this book is somehow sad... but while usually sad books make me sad, this one did not! It just made me think about some facts of life.
Thank you very much!
I am sending this out to the next reader!

Journal Entry 5 by lizzyblack at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, May 26, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (5/26/2011 UTC) at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

I libri vogliono essere liberi! Fai un giro sul sito:

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

For the "Traveling around the world" game. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by raluk68 at București, Wallachia Romania on Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Got it! :)

Journal Entry 7 by raluk68 at București, Wallachia Romania on Monday, August 01, 2011

I loved the story - it's well written and very sweet... I did identify myself with the narrator - I couldn't help it, some parts were so similar with my own reality :) Nevertheless, I would love to have a brother (!) So, I thought again, I must have 2 kids :)
When I started reading it I thought I will cry at the end, but I didn't because it's with happy-end :D

It's perfect for our game - it takes you to the land of California and makes you wanna live there :P

Journal Entry 8 by wingULRKwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Ruins of California will now travel to Germany...

Picked them up at the meetup @ Green Hours, Bucharest

Edith 25.02.2012
Nice read, nice story, also loved the description of lifestyles in the 70s.

Journal Entry 9 by wingULRKwing at Gelbe Seiten Café-Bar-Lounge, Rondellplatz (OBCZ) in Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Saturday, February 25, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (2/25/2012 UTC) at Gelbe Seiten Café-Bar-Lounge, Rondellplatz (OBCZ) in Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg Germany

Dear finder,

This book was not lost. It was set free @ the February meetup in Karlsruhe to find a new reader.

Have fun!

Journal Entry 10 by wingTrinibellwing at Calw, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Saturday, February 25, 2012

I picked the book up at the February meetup in Karlsruhe, Germany. The blurb and ULKR's advertising both sounded interesting.

Journal Entry 11 by wingTrinibellwing at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (7/6/2013 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Baden-Württemberg Germany

Sent by airmail to Makita21 in Australia as part of the BookCrossing Qlmpics for the team Black Forest. It's the team's contribution to the Long Jump event:

16120 km

(See http://www.freemaptools.com/how-far-is-it-between-calw_-germany-and-stawell_-victoria-australia.htm

Journal Entry 12 by NXS-581865 at Stawell, Victoria Australia on Monday, July 22, 2013

arrived today, sounds like a book I will enjoy reading, thank you so much :)

Journal Entry 13 by NXS-581865 at Federation Park in Stawell, Victoria Australia on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (12/20/2013 UTC) at Federation Park in Stawell, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book:

Congratulations! You have not only found yourself a book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other & the world at large.

I hope that you will write a journal entry letting me know that the book has been found. Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. Happy reading!

You can always remain anonymous but if you are interested in joining please consider using Makita21 as your referrer.