corner corner Why Girls Are Weird : A Novel

by Pamela Ribon | Literature & Fiction
Registered by ordgddss on 9/2/2003

status (set by ordgddss): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ordgddss on Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Booklist's description: Anna Koval aspires to be a writer but pays the bills by working as a librarian at an Austin high school. Killing time at work, she posts a story about "Slutty Barbies" online and is amazed at the response. Soon she is "creating an entire life on the Internet" and changing from Anna Koval, a "nothing-special-twenty-something to Anna K: Web celebrity." She writes about her shortcomings, her fears, and her love life, and hundreds of readers, including a neurotic groupie and a potential new love, respond in amazingly personal e-mails of their own.

This is one of my favorite books. Ever. It's warm and funny and sad and hopeful, many of the situations and emotions very familiar. When I finished it I was disappointed that there was no more to read. I'm very much looking forward to Pamie's next book (I've been a fan of her website since 1999).

Because Pamie is just too cool, she signed this copy of her book at my request, featuring a note to the lucky BookCrosser who happens upon it. Hopefully this copy, and her note, will get around and around.

Journal Entry 2 by ordgddss at Igloo Cafe - Alameda & Maple in Burbank, California USA on Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Released on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 at Igloo Cafe - Alameda & Maple in Burbank, California USA.

I left the book on a table in their new back room. Good luck!