corner corner The Blind Assassin

Registered by worldbooknight on 2/25/2011

status (set by Plum-crazy): available

Journal Entry 1 by worldbooknight on Friday, February 25, 2011

Dear Reader

Welcome to BookCrossing and thanks for being a part of World Book Night 2011, the largest book giveaway in history. 1,000,000 specially printed copies of 25 different books changed hands on March 5th 2011 and began their journey from reader to reader. This book is one of them. World Book Night has joined with BookCrossing to help track these books as they travel. You can be a part of that journey by making a comment in the book's journal here on BookCrossing. Your journal entry can say how you got the book, what you thought of it, your plans for it or whatever else you might like to add.

On BookCrossing you may choose to remain anonymous or join (it's free). If you join, you’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry for this specific copy of this book (other copies of the book are travelling with their own ID number. Every copy of every book has a unique ID). It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and spam-free.

Thanks in advance for being part of World Book Night and BookCrossing. And happy reading and sharing.

Journal Entry 2 by worldbooknight at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, February 25, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (2/25/2011 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

This book is being released via BookCrossing on 5 March 2011 as part of the inaugural World Book Night. With the full support of the Publishers Association, the Booksellers Association, the Independent Publishers Guild, the Reading Agency with libraries, World Book Day and the BBC, one million books will be given away by an army of passionate readers to members of the public across the UK and Ireland.

Read and release!

Journal Entry 3 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Found today in British heart foundation charity shop in Leeds. A David Evans was the first giver in 2011 but he did not state where . I read this some years ago and am making this copy available. So five years after it is ready to travel 😃

Journal Entry 4 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (3/1/2017 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Adding to the read it, swap it, leave it bookbox/ring

Journal Entry 5 by foreternity at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, February 17, 2018

I liked this, though I think if I had been able to read it more quickly I would have enjoyed it more. I'm still not sure whether Atwood and I really get on...

Journal Entry 6 by foreternity at Another Book Crosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Saturday, February 17, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (2/19/2018 UTC) at Another Book Crosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Put back in the envelope for the read it, swap it, leave it bookring!

Journal Entry 7 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, February 23, 2018

Received when my "Read it, Swap it, Leave it" bookring came home. I love to get my mitts on a WBN book although I have read this (review here!)
still I'll move it on - hopefully to an OBCZ or in a bookbox - so it will hopefully gain more readers 😊