corner corner Star of the Sea

by Joseph O'Connor | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LeighBCD on 8/29/2003

status (set by LeighBCD): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Friday, August 29, 2003

This is a story about Irish immigrants to America as a consequence of hardship brought on by the potato famine. This is a theme of great interest to me. I bought this book at a shop on Dublin's Grafton Street and my copy has been signed by the author. I hope I enjoy it!

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD on Friday, June 06, 2008

I had no idea I have owned this book for such a long time! Finally got around to reading Star of the Sea and I really enjoyed it. Like anyone of Irish descendancy, any novel that explains more about the Great Famine, and why your ancestors left their homeland, touches a chord. This was good!

I will release this book into the wild for someone else to find. I hope whoever finds this book enjoys it - please make a journal entry here so that all future finders and readers can learn more about its adventures. Thanks very much - welcome to Bookcrossing! Read and release!

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, June 08, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (6/8/2008 UTC) at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases

I hope whoever finds this book in the future enjoys it - read this book and release it! Welcome to Bookcrossing!