corner corner Welcome to My Planet: Where English Is Sometimes Spoken

Welcome to My Planet: Where English Is Sometimes Spoken
by Shannon Olson | Literature & Fiction
Registered by bikewmn of La Mesa, California USA on Tuesday, August 26, 2003

status (set by needmorezoloft): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by bikewmn from La Mesa, California USA on Tuesday, August 26, 2003

This book is one in a stack of "chick lit" books I am mailing to a fellow bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 2 by tattsky26 from Long Beach, California USA on Friday, August 29, 2003

Got it from the mail and the rest of the books... Thank you so much for sending it to me... Will read it as soon as I can..and journal it...

*TBR*

Journal Entry 3 by tattsky26 from Long Beach, California USA on Thursday, April 15, 2004

I think this should be read on Mother's Day.
I really liked Shannon's Mom.

And I have a crush on Dave. :)

--> going to three104 as part of a trade

Journal Entry 4 by three104 from Catawba, Wisconsin USA on Friday, May 07, 2004

TBR--
Got a WHOLE box of books today--YEAH!! Thanks--

Journal Entry 5 by three104 from Catawba, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, August 15, 2004

Life just isn't The Love Boat for nearly-thirty Shannon, the tongue-in-cheek heroine of Welcome to My Planet. Credit cards don't pay themselves, no obvious mate has appeared with her name pinned to his collar, and a job doing new-product research for a fledgling software company doesn't quite make ends meet in the meaning-of-life department. Then there's the loser boyfriend, another boyfriend, her therapist, and unforgettably, Shannon's mom, Flo, with her unrecognizable leftover casseroles and quirky advice for her daughter. In a fit of debt and with a bruised heart, Shannon moves back home to witness the day-to-day tremors of her parents' own marriage. This is a dark-and-light tale-freshly witty and poignant-told by a young woman with a universal touch.

A quick read, I was laughing out loud at some parts. I am from MN where the book is based and there were things I could relate to. Yah. I really like Flo and was really happy that Shannon was starting to be able to work things out for herself. I think she needs to get her butt down to Baja!

Journal Entry 6 by three104 from Catawba, Wisconsin USA on Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Offered up on the Book Relay and accepted by ryanreader. Hope you like it.

Journal Entry 7 by three104 at n/a in n/a, Book Relay -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Released 9 yrs ago (9/8/2004 UTC) at n/a in n/a, Book Relay -- Controlled Releases

Journal Entry 8 by ryanreader from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Monday, September 13, 2004

got this in the mail today.......thanks

Journal Entry 9 by ryanreader from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Sunday, October 17, 2004

found a dup copy today so fufilling a wish via bookrelay

Journal Entry 10 by needmorezoloft from Detroit, Texas USA on Sunday, November 07, 2004

Thanks for the book! Sorry it took so long to journal.

Thanks!