corner corner Half of a Yellow Sun

Registered by worldbooknight on Friday, February 25, 2011

status (set by ketsueki13): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by worldbooknight on Friday, February 25, 2011

Dear Reader

Welcome to BookCrossing and thanks for being a part of World Book Night 2011, the largest book giveaway in history. 1,000,000 specially printed copies of 25 different books changed hands on March 5th 2011 and began their journey from reader to reader. This book is one of them. World Book Night has joined with BookCrossing to help track these books as they travel. You can be a part of that journey by making a comment in the book's journal here on BookCrossing. Your journal entry can say how you got the book, what you thought of it, your plans for it or whatever else you might like to add.

On BookCrossing you may choose to remain anonymous or join (it's free). If you join, you’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry for this specific copy of this book (other copies of the book are travelling with their own ID number. Every copy of every book has a unique ID). It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and spam-free.

Thanks in advance for being part of World Book Night and BookCrossing. And happy reading and sharing.

Journal Entry 2 by worldbooknight at London , Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, February 25, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (2/25/2011 UTC) at London , Greater London United Kingdom

This book is being released via BookCrossing on 5 March 2011 as part of the inaugural World Book Night. With the full support of the Publishers Association, the Booksellers Association, the Independent Publishers Guild, the Reading Agency with libraries, World Book Day and the BBC, one million books will be given away by an army of passionate readers to members of the public across the UK and Ireland.

Read and release!

Journal Entry 3 by ketsueki13 at Corby, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Will read this, as soon as I'm done reading the book I've started.

Journal Entry 4 by ketsueki13 at Corby, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 18, 2011

Started reading last night. Not my typical type of book, but so far enjoyable.
Only complaint so far is that there's a lot of Igbo scattered throughout with no translation.
I'm too curious and I want to know what all of it means!

Journal Entry 5 by ketsueki13 at Corby, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 06, 2011

A very good book! The character's are multi-dimensioned and feel very real. You really find yourself caring about them, and recognizing different character traits of each one.
I also thought this was a great learning experience. I didn't know much of anything about the Nigerian Civil War when I picked this up, but I learned a lot in reading it.
I will be releasing this book on Friday.

Journal Entry 6 by ketsueki13 at Thurlby near Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 22, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (4/21/2011 UTC) at Thurlby near Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom

Given to a friend who showed interest in reading it.