corner corner Naming of Parts

Naming of Parts
by Tim Lebbon | Horror
Registered by BarkLessWagMore of Merrimack, New Hampshire USA on Friday, August 15, 2003

status (set by BarkLessWagMore): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by BarkLessWagMore from Merrimack, New Hampshire USA on Friday, August 15, 2003

Currently Reading.

This is a hard to find zombie story that I purchased from Shocklines . Here's a pic of the cover.

Promised to share with jamieh2003 when I finish.

Journal Entry 2 by BarkLessWagMore from Merrimack, New Hampshire USA on Friday, January 21, 2005

This is an emotionally gripping, nail-biting little zombie tale about a family living way out in the country who are suddenly plagued by the living dead. The story is told from the point of view of pre-teen Jack whose current and past fears haunt the story. Unlike most action-packed, gore filled zombie tales this one concentrates more on the emotions of its characters. And also unlike most zombie stories the zombies aren't the only ones who appear to be affected by whatever has infected them. The grass, the trees, the bugs, everything seems to be decaying on the inside and the animals are eerily quiet. . . All of this sets a haunting mood that never lets up. Not exactly uplifting but great stuff all the same! I'll have to rescue the rest of Lebbon's stuff from my tbr pile.

Journal Entry 3 by BarkLessWagMore from Merrimack, New Hampshire USA on Friday, January 21, 2005

I'm setting this one up as a mini-ring to my trusted bc horror reading friends.

Jaremeister US
beckerbuns US
mellion108 US
CheriePie US

Journal Entry 4 by BarkLessWagMore at Bookring in n/a, Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, January 31, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (1/31/2005 UTC) at Bookring in n/a, Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Off to Jaremeister

Journal Entry 5 by wingjarewing from Tampa, Florida USA on Monday, February 07, 2005

Arrived safe and sound today, thanks for sharing, I'm so psyched to read this one! It's next in line!

This will be my first Lebbon story, so we'll see how I like his style (I've heard a lot of good things about him from like-minded fiends, so I don't have many worries.) The cover art is great!

Journal Entry 6 by wingjarewing from Tampa, Florida USA on Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I loved this story! I was refreshing to have a more emotional style zombie story. And I love the way he touched on some ideals I've never read before, ie whether insects would also be effected. I'm very glad I had a chance to read this, will be passing on to beckerbuns as soon as I get an address. Thanks again, LaurieS for sharing!!

Journal Entry 7 by wingjarewing at Mailed to a fellow BookCrosser in Postal Release, Book Relay -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, May 08, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (5/8/2005 UTC) at Mailed to a fellow BookCrosser in Postal Release, Book Relay -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to beckerbuns today, sorry for the delay.

Journal Entry 8 by beckerbuns from San Jose, California USA on Wednesday, May 11, 2005

It has finally arrived!!!

I will start this book as soon as I finish the ring book I'm currently reading.

Thanks for including me!

Journal Entry 9 by beckerbuns from San Jose, California USA on Sunday, June 05, 2005

This is a great book, though too brief! I wanted to comment on the author's writing style especially. I love his prose and description and the way the flashbacks are handled (not too difficult to follow). I'd love to read more by this author. Thanks for including me in the bookring! I'll mail it as soon as I get an address.

Journal Entry 10 by beckerbuns at media mail in sent to the next bookcrosser, Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (6/13/2005 UTC) at media mail in sent to the next bookcrosser, Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Journal Entry 11 by mellion108 from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Friday, June 24, 2005

Thanks so much for sharing this! The book arrived safe and sound (thanks, beckerbuns). As is always the case with bookrings, they arrive in herds. I got 5 in the mail today. *sheesh* But I'll read this one and pass it on to CheriePie as soon as possible!

Journal Entry 12 by mellion108 from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Friday, June 24, 2005

Awesome! I absolutely love Tim Lebbon, and each of his books only confirms to me that he is a writing force to be reckoned with. ;-) This was such a delicious little read, and I was hooked from the first word. I find any we're-the-last-people-on-earth types of stories very unsettling and disturbing, and this one did not disappoint.

Thanks again for sharing this--I'm going to have to track down my own copy!I'll be mailing this to CheriePie tomorrow.

Trade paperback, 80 pages; contains an introduction by Steve Rasnic Tem

Journal Entry 13 by wingCheriePiewing from Campbell, California USA on Friday, July 01, 2005

Received this in today's mail. Thanks to Laurie for including me. I'm looking forward to reading a story that includes zombies from a vantage point other than that of the Anita Blake stories by Laurell K. Hamilton. :) I've got a few other books to finish up/get to before I can start on this one, however since this seems pretty short, I may squeeze it in before some of the others.

Journal Entry 14 by wingCheriePiewing from Campbell, California USA on Tuesday, August 02, 2005

This was a good, quick, spooky read. The author's use of imagery really made the entire scene come to life with vivid clarity. The colors in the landscape, the way the zombies moved, it all added up to an enjoyable trip for the imagination.

I was left hanging at the end... I wasn't sure whether it was intentional or whether I was supposed to surmise the ending based on other events in the story. I don't want to give too much away for anyone who reads my entry but hasn't yet read the book, but with regards to what they would find when they reached the coast, Jack said he thought he knew, and since he knew what was going on before it happened in many other parts of the story, he's probably right here too. However, I couldn't figure out what it was that he thought he knew. Maybe it's that you're supposed to be left guessing and never really know. :)

I'd never heard of this author before Laurie shared this book so I'm interested in checking out more of his work. Thanks for sharing! I'll get this back in the mail to you this week.

**UPDATE 8/9: Mailed 10-Aug-2005 via Media Mail with Delivery Confirmation # 9102010521297517634898

Journal Entry 15 by BarkLessWagMore from Merrimack, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, August 13, 2005

The Naming of Parts returned home safely to me today. Thank you all so much for participating and I greatly enjoyed reading all of your entries! Cheriepie, I just had a chance to read yours today. My mail must've been bouncing the day you posted your thoughts (hmmm, wonder what else I'm missing!). I tend to be a girl whose "glass is half empty" (though I'm trying my best to change that kind of negative thinking) so my thoughts on the end of the book were rather gloomy ;)

Journal Entry 16 by BarkLessWagMore at Postal Release in Postal release, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Monday, August 22, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (8/22/2005 UTC) at Postal Release in Postal release, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

This one is off to a collector who purchased it via ebay. I hope they enjoy the book & join bookcrossing as well!