corner corner Cloud Atlas

Registered by worldbooknight on Friday, February 25, 2011

status (set by rahar109): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by worldbooknight on Friday, February 25, 2011

Dear Reader

Welcome to BookCrossing and thanks for being a part of World Book Night 2011, the largest book giveaway in history. 1,000,000 specially printed copies of 25 different books changed hands on March 5th 2011 and began their journey from reader to reader. This book is one of them. World Book Night has joined with BookCrossing to help track these books as they travel. You can be a part of that journey by making a comment in the book's journal here on BookCrossing. Your journal entry can say how you got the book, what you thought of it, your plans for it or whatever else you might like to add.

On BookCrossing you may choose to remain anonymous or join (it's free). If you join, you’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry for this specific copy of this book (other copies of the book are travelling with their own ID number. Every copy of every book has a unique ID). It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and spam-free.

Thanks in advance for being part of World Book Night and BookCrossing. And happy reading and sharing.

Journal Entry 2 by worldbooknight at London , Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, February 25, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (2/25/2011 UTC) at London , Greater London United Kingdom

This book is being released via BookCrossing on 5 March 2011 as part of the inaugural World Book Night. With the full support of the Publishers Association, the Booksellers Association, the Independent Publishers Guild, the Reading Agency with libraries, World Book Day and the BBC, one million books will be given away by an army of passionate readers to members of the public across the UK and Ireland.

Read and release!

Journal Entry 3 by wingardachywing at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, August 09, 2012

I purchased this book from the RSPCA charity in Prettygate, Colchester as I noticed that it was a World Book Night copy and wanted to see if it had already been journaled. Sadly not so I will just move it on. I tried to read Cloud Atlas some time and it was not for me although I know many people who have loved it.

Journal Entry 4 by wingardachywing at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, August 18, 2012

I am taking this book to the London bookcrossing meet up and will wild release it somewhere in London if not taken by someone there.

Journal Entry 5 by wingardachywing at Albert Embankment in Vauxhall, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (8/18/2012 UTC) at Albert Embankment in Vauxhall, Greater London United Kingdom

On a bench or somewhere else suitable.

BCUK Uncon, Colchester 2012, I came, I saw, I conquered!

For more information about bookcrossing in Essex please click here

Journal Entry 6 by wingrahar109wing at Farnborough, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Released by me after the meet-up, so have done a journal entry so can see if/when it's picked up.