corner corner The Bookshelf

The Bookshelf
by Laura Dennis | Poetry
Registered by winglauraloo29wing of Edmonton, Alberta Canada on 2/23/2011

status (set by hema-verf): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A series of poems inspired by fairy tales.

Journal Entry 2 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (2/24/2011 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Sending to lamelemon. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by winglamelemonwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Tuesday, March 15, 2011

And here it is!.. a lovely collection of our very own lauraloo29's poems :) Thanks so much for sending them to me. I couldn't resist taking a glance and, before I knew it, I already went across three or four of the poems. Short but condensed, they really are the kind to leave you pondering after having read them.

Journal Entry 4 by winglamelemonwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I couldn't resist and went through all of it this morning. I really loved your poems and the way they combine childhood stories with real-life thematics. Thanks for sharing them with me!

Journal Entry 5 by winglamelemonwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (10/18/2011 UTC) at București, Wallachia Romania

Your little wonderful poems need to travel again and make new friends. Now off to my birthday buddy, wishing both a happy birthday and many happy readings to go along.

Journal Entry 6 by marsala at Chiswick, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, October 28, 2011

Thank you very much for this book! I love fairy tales and these little poems looked wonderful when I flicked through the book.

Finished reading it. Lovely little poems!

Journal Entry 7 by marsala at By mail, a surprise RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, January 09, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (1/9/2012 UTC) at By mail, a surprise RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Travelling along with a bookring as a little surprise.

Journal Entry 8 by elstaplador at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Arrived today - what a lovely surprise!

Journal Entry 9 by elstaplador at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Saturday, January 28, 2012

This little book is travelling round the Favourites of 2011 bookring along with 'Fugitive Pieces'. It's a gem: delicate, incisive poems, each featuring a pair of fairy tales. I came back to it several times.

Journal Entry 10 by elstaplador at Favourite Book Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (1/28/2012 UTC) at Favourite Book Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Sent on along with 'Fugitive Pieces' - hope you enjoy this surprise book!

Journal Entry 11 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, February 03, 2012

Arrived in the post yesterday.

Journal Entry 12 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

I'm not a great poetry fan but this was quite fun. I enjoyed trying to work out the fairy tails. It also provoked a discussion on how The Little Mermaid is not just a Disney film!

Journal Entry 13 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Innsbruck, Tirol Austria on Friday, March 02, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (3/2/2012 UTC) at Innsbruck, Tirol Austria

On it's way in the ring.

Journal Entry 14 by ahabraken at Innsbruck, Tirol Austria on Monday, March 12, 2012

What a nice surprise to get this book as an extra on the favourites of 2011 ring! Just like Carolle, I am not a big fan of reading poetry, but it still is nice to look through the book and read the poems. Will send it on with the ring!

Journal Entry 15 by ahabraken at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (4/5/2012 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Sorry, not my cup of tea. I am no reader of poetry in general and after the first two, I just stopped trying. But that is more of a personal thing and doesn´t say much about the quality of the poems. Sending it on with the book in the favourites of 2011 RR.

Journal Entry 16 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, April 19, 2012

What a nice surprise to receive with the favourites 2011 ring. Thanks!

Journal Entry 17 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lovely little poetry book. I really liked the idea behind the poems :) Thanks for sharing, lauraloo29!

Journal Entry 18 by franaloe at Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Wednesday, May 16, 2012

recieved as a surprise with the favourite book of Marsala.

Journal Entry 19 by franaloe at Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Nice surprise. Thanks for adding it to the roundabout. Will be sent on to LiniP together with Marsala's favorite.

Journal Entry 20 by franaloe at Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Monday, July 02, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (7/2/2012 UTC) at Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

Sent along with Marsala's favorite book.

Journal Entry 21 by LiniP at Schwäbisch Hall, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Wednesday, July 04, 2012

This little book travels with its big sister "Fugitive Pieces" and discovers Europe. I have recently rediscovered reading poems and I hope that I will enjoy these. Thanks for the little surprise.

Edit: July 5, 2012: Nice little read, thank you for sharing.

Journal Entry 22 by LiniP at Gaildorf, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (8/2/2012 UTC) at Gaildorf, Baden-Württemberg Germany

The book is on its way to the next reader.

Journal Entry 23 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

received the book today. I am really not into poetry, but a fellow bookcrosser has tried to lured me into poetry lately. I'll let you know what I think of these poems when I'm done.

Journal Entry 24 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Monday, September 03, 2012

Thanks for sharing this little book of poems. Though I'm not a fan of poetry, I enjoyed this book. My kids had fun guessing the fairy tales, too.

Journal Entry 25 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Monday, September 03, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (9/4/2012 UTC) at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany

off to the next reader

Journal Entry 26 by Qantaqa at Dachau, Bayern Germany on Friday, September 07, 2012

Arrived today, thanks a lot!

Journal Entry 27 by LilyKlip at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Not my cup of tea either. Maybe I just like the origibal stories too much to see them reduced to almost nothing.

Thank you anyway. This one is traveling back to marsala now.

Journal Entry 28 by LilyKlip at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Monday, November 12, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (11/12/2012 UTC) at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany

Going back home now.

Journal Entry 29 by Hendrickje at Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What a lovely little well-travelled poetry-book you've sent me marsala! Thank you very much, I have great faith in your taste!

And hi to all BookCrossers who've read this booklet before me!;-)

Journal Entry 30 by Hendrickje at Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Friday, March 14, 2014

A delightful booklet. I'm amazed that an author in Canada will write a few lines and then someone on the other side of the globe (me) will immediately know which fairy-tale she is referring to:

flash of red
through the trees
tempts
a hungry wolf

I'll make sure to pass on this little gem!

Journal Entry 31 by Hendrickje at Castricum aan Zee, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Released 2 yrs ago (7/6/2014 UTC) at Castricum aan Zee, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Dutch-Flybabe doesn't know it yet, but I intend to give this book to her on the annual Dutch BC-meeting in July, alongside with the Dalai Lama's biography which I promised to her. I hope she'll like it!

Journal Entry 32 by dutch-flybabe at Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, July 27, 2014

This booklet accompanied a book I had requested from Hendrickje. Thanks!

Journal Entry 33 by dutch-flybabe at Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Poetry is not my thing, but when I read these consise poems I recognised the fairytales and I liked them a lot!

Journal Entry 34 by dutch-flybabe at Nijmegen, Gelderland Netherlands on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (1/8/2015 UTC) at Nijmegen, Gelderland Netherlands

I'm giving this book a fellow bookcrosser, who might need a bit of 'light' distraction. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 35 by hema-verf at OBCZtuin-bieb in Nijmegen, Gelderland Netherlands on Monday, November 07, 2016

Released 6 mos ago (11/7/2016 UTC) at OBCZtuin-bieb in Nijmegen, Gelderland Netherlands

in het boekenhuisje erbij.

Aan de vinder:
Gefeliciteerd met je gevonden boek! Ik zou het erg leuk vinden als je hier iets vertelt over je vondst. Dat kan anoniem, maar je kunt je ook – gratis - als BookCrossing-lid aanmelden, en zo dit boek (en andere) op hun reis volgen en sturen.
Als je wilt, kun je daarbij mij, hema-verf, als referral opgeven.
Daarna staat het je geheel vrij dit boek zelf te lezen, het direct door te geven aan een ander, of het opnieuw ergens neer te leggen zodat een volgende lezer het kan vinden.
Hoe dan ook, veel plezier ermee!