corner corner Quite a Year for Plums

Quite a Year for Plums
by Bailey White | Literature & Fiction
Registered by house-elfdobby of Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on 2/19/2011

status (set by lyndacanning): available

Journal Entry 1 by house-elfdobby from Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 19, 2011

Not read this one, taking to BC meet-up in Nottingham today.

Journal Entry 2 by house-elfdobby at on Saturday, February 19, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (2/19/2011 UTC) at

Hello, thank you for being curious enough to visit Bookcrossing!

Even if this isn't your kind of book and you don't intend to read it I'd appreciate it if you would make a journal entry of some sort. Maybe you could say where you found it (they don't always stay where they were originally left!) or what you think of the idea of travelling books.

Then, leave it for someone else to find. And don't forget, if you make release notes (to say where you've left it, and when) next time it's journalled you'll hear from it too! If you decide to join please say that house-elfdobby sent you - many thanks and happy Bookcrossing!

Taking along to the meet-up today. Another one I never got round to reading.

Journal Entry 3 by waderwoman at on Saturday, March 19, 2011

Teehee! Snaffled from the bookshelf ready to be packaged up + sent off to Plum-Crazy !

Journal Entry 4 by waderwoman at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 20, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (3/21/2011 UTC) at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

If you are reading this then you have found me!
Please do a journal entry-Thanks xx
This is being popped into a purple iscious parcel destined for Plum-Crazy!
Safe journey little booky!

Journal Entry 5 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 23, 2011

YHMSmiley Thank you so much waderwoman!!!! My wonderful purpleiscious package has arrived & this purple plum is thrilled!

A lovely purple bag choc full of plum goodies...including this book. I've never heard of this author but this book is perfect for me...after all it has my name on it!

Thanks again :o)

Journal Entry 6 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 18, 2011

A charming easy read about the quirky but lovable people who live in a small South Georgia town. There's Roger, the peanut pathologist (guess someone has to do it!) who is the unlikely love object of half the town's women. Della, is a visitor to the town but captivates Roger with the sensible but enigmatic notes she leaves on things she throws away at the Dumpster. Meanwhile, Roger's ex-mother-in-law, Louise, is trying to attract outer-space invaders....

The cover blurb describes the book as "Heartbreakingly tender, often hilarious"... I can't say I found it hilarious but it's a heartwarming tale that did make me smile :o)

Read as part of the 2011 ULTIMATE CHALLENGE (#41) - themed "FOOD & DRINK" read for April

Journal Entry 7 by wingPlum-crazywing at Cafe Zone in Halifax, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (4/23/2012 UTC) at Cafe Zone in Halifax, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Released at CafeZone while enjoying their WBN celebrations!

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a free book !

Enjoy your book!

Journal Entry 8 by lyndacanning at Halifax, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, November 19, 2012

Easy Read full of delightful people. Nice gentle story. I will be passing it on with grateful thanks