corner corner A Year in Provence

A Year in Provence
by Peter Mayle | Travel
Registered by wingHerchellewing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, February 18, 2011

status (set by lilacwhisper): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by wingHerchellewing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, February 18, 2011

Welcome to BookCrossing! This is a site for catching and releasing books and spreading the good karma of reading! Please make a journal entry when you FIND this book and let previous readers know how you came upon it. You may remain Anonymous on this site if you like but it's very safe and spam free. We leave FREE books around for others to stumble upon...they read, and then re-release in a public place for someone else to enjoy. Of course you're welcome to keep the book if you prefer but it's more fun to watch them travel and to hear from them
once in a while. I hope you enjoy the book and I especially hope you enjoy BookCrossing as much as I do. Bookcrossers are amazing!!

Many thanks, herchelle
Calgary, Alberta CANADA

Journal Entry 2 by wingHerchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, February 28, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (2/28/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Congratulations to LizzyBlack for picking the day that I registered my 500th Bookcrossing book, Here is the book you wished for. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by winglizzyblackwing at Ponte Lambro, Lombardia Italy on Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thank you very much! The book arrived today, and I am very happy to have it here in my hands :)

Journal Entry 4 by winglizzyblackwing at Ponte Lambro, Lombardia Italy on Friday, August 05, 2011

First of all, do not start reading this book if you are on diet or if you haven't eat enought for lunch or dinner. Even in this case, anyway, you will want to taste all the wonderful dishes the author and his wife try in the whole book! I loved it completely, and all I want to do now is to go and visit Provence, and I am almost ashamed to know that it is really close to Italy but I haven't been there yet! Anyway, I found myself laughing while reading this book. The author has a real gift for narration and it is something you read and feel is real, not the usual tourist narration about a place not explored enough. Sometimes, this wonderful region of France and the behaviour of the inhabitants reminded me of Italians, always ready to sit in front a full plate and with a glass of wine to enjoy life.

Journal Entry 5 by winglizzyblackwing at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Monday, August 08, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (8/8/2011 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

I libri vogliono essere liberi! Fai un giro sul sito:

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Journal Entry 6 by etnagigante at Catania, Sicilia Italy on Friday, August 26, 2011

Here with me.

Journal Entry 7 by etnagigante at Catania, Sicilia Italy on Friday, November 11, 2011

A wonderful year, spent in a place that offers good wine and tasty food is what everybody would have at least once in life. For each month passing you could find several habits, recipes and moods from the part of France that probably is closest to Italy. After reading this book you'll try to leave your country if it hasn't food&wine traditions (or you'll apreciate your spanish or italian origins if you have them).
People from Provence, in this book, are rough but kind, easy but troubled but know hot to enjoy life.

Journal Entry 8 by lilacwhisper at Piacenza, Emilia Romagna Italy on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

This nice book's here with me :)