corner corner Under the Skin

Under the Skin
by Michel Faber | Literature & Fiction
Registered by ArwenG of Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on 2/17/2011

status (set by hyphen8): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by ArwenG from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, February 17, 2011

Journal Entry 2 by ArwenG at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Saturday, November 24, 2012

.travelling to soffitta, enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingsoffitta1wing at Ávila, Ávila Spain on Monday, December 03, 2012

Thanks for sending me this.

I couldn't resist picking this up almost immediately! It is always great to read a book set in my home country, and this certainly was no disappointment. Thanks for sharing this with me.

To be donated to the 1001-Library.

Journal Entry 4 by 1001-library at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Thanks so much for your donation soffitta1!

This book is now part of the 1001-library. If you want to take this book from the library but don't know how to proceed, please refer to the library bookshelf

Journal Entry 5 by wingsoffitta1wing at Ávila, Ávila Spain on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Going on a 1001-Library ray

Cinnycat (US)

Journal Entry 6 by wingsoffitta1wing at Ávila, Ávila Spain on Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (6/20/2013 UTC) at Ávila, Ávila Spain

Sent to Cinnycat.

Journal Entry 7 by BookBirds at Central Square, New York USA on Friday, June 28, 2013

thanks for sharing this one! I've been trying to find a copy for a while now.. especially when I heard it would be a movie. I'll be getting to it soon!

Journal Entry 8 by BookBirds at Central Square, New York USA on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

This one will be tough to say anything about without giving too much away.. and it really likes to unravel its mysteries. (One site said one word that kind of gave away a lot for me - kind of ruined it!) I'll just say the main character likes to pick up hitchhikers. Usually, a driver should be worried about the dangers of picking up hitchhikers, but the opposite is true here. I like the brief narrative delve into each hitchhiker's thoughts. This book is dark and keeps getting darker. I'm surprised a movie is being made. This one seems too dark even for movies. Very mysterious! I wish I could say more... but it will take everything you think this book is about and flip it upside down. And odd duck in general and an odd duck for the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die list.

thanks everyone for sharing! This one is available!

Journal Entry 9 by BookBirds at Central Square, New York USA on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (10/17/2013 UTC) at Central Square, New York USA

Sent to hyphen-8 as a RABCK for starting the Stand graphic novels bookray! I really appreciate it! Enjoy! thanks again for sharing this one!

Journal Entry 10 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Received today as a RABCK from cinnycat - thank you!

I didn't realize this was a 1001-library book when I requested it, but I'll return it to the library shelf when I'm done reading it.