corner corner The Delicate Storm

The Delicate Storm
by Giles Blunt | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingrureadingwing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 2/7/2011

status (set by hema-verf): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingrureadingwing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, February 07, 2011

John Cardinal & partner Lise Delorme try to find a way through false, misleading information with confusing interference from the RCMP & CSIS. A tangled plot coincides with the tangled emotions John struggles with for Lise, his partner. The climatic end with his family and a severe ice storm combine with effective imagery. Blunt's characters keep your interest with believable traits, flaws, and vulnerabilities.
...
This book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world. Read it, share it, and pass it on! Thanks!

Journal Entry 2 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 12, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (2/12/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Selected for the February Calgary BC Meetup at the Joshua Tree Cafe.

Journal Entry 3 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 12, 2011

After enjoying Forty Words For Sorrow very much, this book will probably migrate to the top of my TBR pile! Thank you so much, rureading!

Journal Entry 4 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I read this book over two evenings. It was very good, though very different than Forty Words for Sorrow. Excellent characters, excellent writing - One of my favorite parts `A cosmetics store caught his eye and he stood for a few moments looking in the window, wondering if there might be something he could take home to Catherine. He noticed a cologne called Torso, with a bottle to match, but it reminded him of autopsies.`
Ewwww...
Anyways, the political component of the whodunnit was intriguing as well. Honestly, even though I am a Canadian I know very little about the FLQ and the goings on in Quebec in the early 70`s. I`m too young I guess ;-)
Great book! thanks for sharing, rureading!

Journal Entry 5 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 26, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (3/26/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I have decided to mail this wonderful book to the winner of the March Int'l Sweepstake since it is noted on her shelf that she enjoys mysteries/thrillers. I hope she enjoys it as much as I did!
I also included a couple of fun bookmarks :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingAngelFroukwing at Franeker, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thank you so much for this book. It looks like a book i'd enjoy. And the bookmarks are lovely. I really like them both.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAngelFroukwing at BC Meeting 2014 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Monday, June 16, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (7/6/2014 UTC) at BC Meeting 2014 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

I tried reading this book, but I got stuck and couldn't get back into the story. Which is too bad, as it seemed a nice enough book.

This book will be travelling on from the annual meeting on the beach in Castricum., the Netherlands.

Journal Entry 8 by hema-verf at Nijmegen, Gelderland Netherlands on Monday, July 21, 2014

Sorry for the delay, but the book is safe in Nijmegen.

Journal Entry 9 by hema-verf at OBCZ Lux in Nijmegen, Gelderland Netherlands on Friday, September 26, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (9/26/2014 UTC) at OBCZ Lux in Nijmegen, Gelderland Netherlands

op de plank erbij.