corner corner The Hakawati

The Hakawati
by Rabih Alameddine | Literature & Fiction
Registered by flewry of Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on 2/6/2011

status (set by Jennakitten): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by flewry from Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Sunday, February 06, 2011

Random purchase in Fort Myers when I was there for work. I had just gone to Target, but Books-a-Million was right next door, and they had all these carts outside with books for $1 and $2. I didn't know anything about this book, but it's an absolutely gorgeous hardcover that only cost me two bucks.

Journal Entry 2 by flewry at St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sadly, I haven't gotten around to reading it - but the book is whispering that it's time for some adventure, so here goes!

Journal Entry 3 by flewry at St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Sunday, October 30, 2011

There was a light blue book
Who had gotten very bored
Always stuffed into a nook
On a shelf that he abhorred.

Journal Entry 4 by flewry at St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Sunday, October 30, 2011

"I want to see the world!" he cried,
"Too long have I reclined!"
So off he set, and crept outside,
To see what he could find.

Journal Entry 5 by flewry at St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Sunday, October 30, 2011

A light blue sign told him the name
Of this wide world of fun.
St. Petersburg's main point of fame
Is its many days of sun!

Journal Entry 6 by flewry at St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Sunday, October 30, 2011

He saw a stunning tower
With windows gleaming blue.
He must have stared an hour
At its mesmerizing hue.

Journal Entry 7 by flewry at St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Sunday, October 30, 2011

From there, off to to the St. Pete Pier,
Where tourists pass the time.
He saw some fish, and drank some beer,
And posed by its blue sign.

Journal Entry 8 by flewry at St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Sunday, October 30, 2011

So much he did not understand,
So many things to see!
This "art" he found throughout the land -
What could its meaning be?

Journal Entry 9 by flewry at St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Sunday, October 30, 2011

He found a bench where he could rest
And gaze out at the sea:
The gentle waves, each quiet crest,
Filled him with ecstasy...

"How many towns exist out there?
St. Pete is only one!
I'll pause and get some fresh sea air,
But my adventure's just begun!"

Journal Entry 10 by flewry at North Straub Park in St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Sunday, November 06, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (11/6/2011 UTC) at North Straub Park in St. Petersburg, Florida USA

At the water's edge, awaiting the next leg of his journey!

This book was released by Team Iron for Turn 13 of Bookcrossing Monopoly! We collected all the light blue squares and thus made a light blue-themed release.

Dear Finder, thank you so much for stopping by to let us know the book is safe. Please consider making a journal entry, even anonymously - we'll collect an extra game point if you do! And if you do decide to join the BookCrossing community, please know that it's tons of fun and always FREE!

Journal Entry 11 by Jennakitten at St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Thursday, November 24, 2011

A beautiful day for a Festival of BBQy goodness and what do I find but a little book looking for someone's attention. "Its been here all day" is what a few passerbys tell me, and I smile and tell them "Its on a journey" and pick up my new friend.

Thank you because I've heard about this wonderful idea a few months back, but I'm glad to have finally been able to join the fun. Lets see how this goes.