corner corner Bad Friends

Bad Friends
by Claire Seeber | Women's Fiction
Registered by Beqi of Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 05, 2011

status (set by Beqi): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Beqi from Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 05, 2011

Product Description
A terrible accident. A secret discovered. An inescapable nightmare. Who needs enemies with friends like these? The unnerving new novel from the acclaimed author of LULLABY En route from ending a destructive love affair, TV producer Maggie Warren is involved in a freak accident. Lucky to escape with her life, Maggie's further disturbed to discover she's now front-page news. When invited to discuss her trauma on a chat-show, Maggie comes face to face with fellow survivor, the beautiful but damaged Fay Carter - fame-hungry, needy and now apparently infatuated. One by one the tentacles of Maggie's past mistakes seem to be reaching inexorably into her future. Her compromised career is catching up with her, ex-boyfriend Alex just won't take no for an answer - but worse, the secret Maggie has tried so hard to bury is coming back to haunt her. When Maggie's flat is ransacked, she refuses to believe it's a coincidence. Now Maggie's clutching onto sanity for dear life, but she's horribly aware that one final push might send her over the edge! Or is that exactly what someone wants?

Journal Entry 2 by Beqi at Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 05, 2012

This was a good and pacy thriller, and I believed the story about troubled Maggie and her stalker, although I was absolutely dreading anything happening to her dog, Digby!! I kept changing my mind as to who the stalker was, and I did manage not to sneak a look further into the book to find out who it was before I was supposed to... (I've got previous for doing that...) I would recommend to other people who enjoy thrillers in the style of Sophie Hannah. A good read :-)

Reserved for Isisjem x

Journal Entry 3 by Beqi at White Hart Pub/Hotel in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (5/3/2012 UTC) at White Hart Pub/Hotel in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom

Taking along to a get together with some bookcrossing friends at The White Hart pub in Beaconsfield Old Town.

*This is for Isisjem, who expressed an interest in reading this one*

Journal Entry 4 by isisjem at Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, May 04, 2012

Having read another Claire Seeber I'm keen to read other of her books. Beqi brought this along to the meet up for me.

Journal Entry 5 by isisjem at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, June 29, 2012

Went to make release notes and realised I'd not done a journal! I enjoyed this book and can see why people often liken Claire Seeber to Nicci French or Sophie Hannah as I'd say she's somewhere between the two. All the way through this book led you in several directions without really letting you know what was going on. I enjoyed the suspense of not knowing.

Journal Entry 6 by isisjem at The Mitre Pub, High Street in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, June 29, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (6/30/2012 UTC) at The Mitre Pub, High Street in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Taking along to the meet up where it could possibly end up in the bookswap game ;-)

Journal Entry 7 by Ali4189 at Aston Clinton, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, June 07, 2013

Released 10 mos ago (6/9/2013 UTC) at Aston Clinton, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom

Meeting up with Beqi and co. New venue this time. I did read this book, but quite awhile ago, think I enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 8 by Beqi at Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Monday, June 10, 2013

Not taken from the meet, so back with me and pending new release!

Journal Entry 9 by Beqi at Forest Cafe OBCZ in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, June 21, 2013

Released 9 mos ago (6/23/2013 UTC) at Forest Cafe OBCZ in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Taking a few books along to the meet-up at Salcey Forest on Sunday 23rd June. Meet starts at 12.30 and everyone's welcome :)