corner corner To Dance With the White Dog (Paul's Books #6530)

To Dance With the White Dog (Paul's Books #6530)
by Terry Kay | Literature & Fiction
Registered by PaulsBooks of Salt Lake City, Utah USA on 1/30/2011

status (set by quietorchid): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by PaulsBooks from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, January 30, 2011

Paul's Books #6530

Journal Entry 2 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, September 11, 2011

This was a beautiful story of love and resiliency. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and think many others will enjoy reading this book, too!

Journal Entry 3 by PaulsBooks at Paul's Birthday Party at 1751 S 1500 E in Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (2/4/2012 UTC) at Paul's Birthday Party at 1751 S 1500 E in Salt Lake City, Utah USA

This book will be released at Paul’s Birthday Party 2012 at 1751 S 1500 E.

Happy Birthday, dear Paul!

Journal Entry 4 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, December 01, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (12/1/2012 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

This book was released at our first Salt Lake City Bookcrossing meeting!

We meet the first Saturday of each month at 10:00 at the Starbucks on 15th East and 15th South in Salt Lake starting on Saturday, December 1st.

Happy travels, book!

Journal Entry 5 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, December 01, 2012

Met-up with tostle this morning, thought this looked good, and she recommended it, so home it came. But Mt TBR is huge, it will be awhile before I get around to it.

Journal Entry 6 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Given the length of time other books are waiting, that was just a short round tuit.

This was a lovely book, full of heart, and warming mine. The tale of an elderly man who's wife of a lifetime has died, TDWAWD lyrically shares his grief and love with us, his family, his aging, stubbornness, and, of course, White Dog. We glimpse the depth of ordinary lives, perhaps how extraordinary each of us is.

It's looking like my next shrinking bb will be animal-related (Tails Tales?), so likely I save this to release there.

Amazon Editorial Review

Sam Peek's children are worried. Since that "saddest day" when Cora, his beloved wife of fifty-seven good years, died, no one knows how he will survive. How can this elderly man live alone on his farm? How can he keep driving his dilapidated truck down to the fields to care for his few rows of pecan trees? And when Sam begins telling his children about a dog as white as the pure driven snow -- that seems invisible to everyone but him -- his children think that grief and old age have finally taken their toll.

But whether the dog is real or not, Sam Peek -- "one of the smartest men in the South when it comes to trees" -- outsmarts them all. Sam and the White Dog will dance from the pages of this bittersweet novel and into your heart, as they share the mystery of life, and begin together a warm and moving final rite of passage.

Winner of the Southeastern Library Association's Outstanding Author Award.

Journal Entry 7 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Monday, December 09, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (12/10/2013 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

This touching book is joining the WILD THINGS Bookbox to find a next reader.

Journal Entry 8 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Friday, January 10, 2014

Taken from the Wild Thing Bookbox. Looks interesting.

Journal Entry 9 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Friday, February 20, 2015

I enjoyed this tale of an elderly man, stubbornly going about his life after his wife dies. Very sweet.

Journal Entry 10 by quietorchid at Peet's Coffee and Tea in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (2/21/2015 UTC) at Peet's Coffee and Tea in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin USA

Left on a table to find a new reader!
#21 in 52 Towns in 52 Weeks Challenge 2015 .
Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!