corner corner Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too

Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too
by Disney Book Club, A. A. Milne | Children's Books
Registered by wing6of8wing of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 1/29/2011

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wing6of8wing from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Saturday, January 29, 2011

Picked this one up from the sale shelf at the library to release on 2/14/11 to honor Becky, the daughter of a local Book Crosser. It would be her 10th birthday, but she was killed last year when struck by a car while riding her bicycle. Although I never had the chance to meet her, I wanted to honor her memory. She loved Winnie-the-Pooh, and I do, too, so I think she would approve of this choice.

Journal Entry 2 by wing6of8wing at Metrorail - Red Line in -- Trains, tubes, metro, buses, District of Columbia USA on Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (2/14/2011 UTC) at Metrorail - Red Line in -- Trains, tubes, metro, buses, District of Columbia USA

Inspired by yesterday morning, I chose to pass this book along to another young passenger in need of a distraction on the evening commute. Again, his primary language was not English (and my French was not good enough to converse with him), but since Winnie-the-Pooh is universal, I figured he would enjoy it.

Released in memory of Becky, who would have been 10 on Valentine's Day, loved Winnie-the-Pooh, and was famous for her hugs.

Welcome to Book Crossing -- this book is now yours to read, retain, release, or any combination thereof which suits your fancy. Books registered with Book Crossing are tracked by those who have read them before to see where they will go and who they will meet on their journeys. You are welcome (and encouraged) to create a journal entry on the book, particularly when passing it on to a specific someone or releasing in the wild. You can remain anonymous or join Book Crossing, where you are known to others by the screen name of your choice and no personal information is revealed. Sharing books in this fashion is just another way of spreading good karma across the world. Whatever you choose to do, enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Washington, District of Columbia USA on Saturday, February 19, 2011

Although we did not know her, we were very saddened to hear about the tragic passing of Becky. All our sympathy goes to her parents and those who knew her. Thank you for sharing the book with us on the metro. We enjoyed reading it. It tells a beautiful story of acceptance of others as they are and of tolerance. I have passed it on to a friend of mine and hope it goes on travelling and conveying this important message.