corner corner Keepsake Crimes (A Scrapbooking Mystery)

Keepsake Crimes (A Scrapbooking Mystery)
by Laura Childs | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by kirjakko of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 1/25/2011

status (set by sumako): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by kirjakko from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Got this as an unregistered book from Secret Santa (dutch-book), so I'm registering it now. I have already read this, so hopefully it will find somebody who likes posh people and fancy parties. I prefer the author's tea mystery books, this was far too superficial and the people just weren't "real".

Journal Entry 2 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, February 06, 2011

Given to AnneliS of Kerava yesterday.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I don't like posh people nor fancy parties, not even the American way of life, but I love activities like scrapbooking and sewing. Especially I disliked Shamus!
I am amazed though that the author found so much to write about scrapbooking activities. And the description of New Orleans and Mardi Gras was very interesting indeed. While reading about New Orleans I kept wondering how did this place look after Katrina and how does it look now - 6 years afterwards.

This is my # 93 in
"KEEP THEM MOVING 2011" Challenge arranged by Booklady331.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, September 30, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (9/30/2011 UTC) at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Kirja on postin hallussa.
Lukuiloa!

Journal Entry 5 by wingChaniawing at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Monday, October 03, 2011

Thanks, lovely! My kind of book, I'm sure! :)

Thank you also for the lovely pile of postcards!

Journal Entry 6 by wingChaniawing at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Monday, December 26, 2011

Nice and cozy - not the best of this genre, I think, but nice enough. I do want to know how the story of Carmela continues, so I have to update my wishlist :)

Sending to Annimanni next as a wishlist-tag (in Finnish forum) book.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Received with thanks :)

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, February 20, 2015

I don't know. This was way too similar to the Tea Shop Mysteries, just with different names, different location and different type of a store. The storyline could just as easily have been from the Tea Shop series and even the supporting cast was transplanted from there almost one for one. I also found the scrapbooking sections booooooooring and skipped over most of them. Tea and cakes are much better :)

Journal Entry 9 by sumako at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Saturday, February 21, 2015

I took this from the meeting today. Never read any book by Laura Childs. Thank you!

Journal Entry 10 by sumako at Bookcrossing Convention Oslo 2017 in St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Thursday, April 20, 2017

Released 6 mos ago (4/21/2017 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Oslo 2017 in St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway

Releasing this to the book buffet