corner corner The Storyteller's Daughter

The Storyteller's Daughter
by Cameron Dokey | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by Strude of Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

status (set by eicuthbertson): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Strude from Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

We have all heard about Sheharazad and the thousand and one nights, but do we really know anything about the girl herself? Was it just a framework on which to hang a selection of ancient stories? This book provides a possible backstory, a thicker framework and characters with depth. I enjoyed this book very much, even without Sindbad or flying carpets.

Journal Entry 2 by Strude at Waves Coffee - Columbia St in New Westminster, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (1/26/2011 UTC) at Waves Coffee - Columbia St in New Westminster, British Columbia Canada

Taking this to Seconds! in New West. Why not join us for a good cup of coffee or whatever and some excellent talk about anything you want, possibly even including books. We don't have a place to leave books so anything not chosen will have to be taken away with us. We will either be near the back or in the meeting room. Look for the Free Books sign on our box.

Journal Entry 3 by Strude at Rhizome Cafe in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (2/9/2011 UTC) at Rhizome Cafe in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Taking this to meetup. Why not join us for coffee or pyrogies or whatever. It'll be a fun group with good talk and lots of book choices. If no one takes this one it will be in the entrance way.

Journal Entry 4 by eicuthbertson at Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Picked up at the Lower Mainland BookCrossing Meetup tonight.
Thanks!

Journal Entry 5 by eicuthbertson at Hastings Community Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, June 17, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (6/17/2012 UTC) at Hastings Community Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Will leave on the bookshelves in the Hastings Community Centre Hall.

Journal Entry 6 by eicuthbertson at Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, June 17, 2012

This was a great read!