corner corner Catch-22

Catch-22
by Joseph Heller | Literature & Fiction
Registered by jules5 of Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on 1/18/2011

status (set by Oedde): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by jules5 from Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This has been on my bookshelf for ever! Absolutely brilliant. It's one of those books you continue to reference in everyday life.It's brimming with such pathos you are laughing and despairing all at the same time. The Colonels, the Generals all of them such unbelievable characters, you pray no such individuals are anywhere near positions of authority! Yossarian as the main character is the one you are supposed to root for throughout this sorry episode, but he is a creature of circumstance and is also deeply flawed. Will return to this at a later date

Journal Entry 2 by jules5 at -- controlled release --, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (1/18/2011 UTC) at -- controlled release --, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium

Congratulations to the winner of the International RABCK sweepstake. Saw this on your wish-list. Sorry it's an old copy, has been with me for a very long time! Best wishes

Journal Entry 3 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, January 27, 2011

Yet another wishlist book, thank you so very much! I've been wanting to read this book forever now, because I've heard so much about it. (Oh, and I never mind about old copies, I even prefer the smell of the old ones to new books.) Big hugs and kisses from Belgium!! :D

Journal Entry 4 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, November 24, 2011

This was an absolutely insane book! It wasn't an easy book to read by far, I've had to tackle it chapter per chapter. But I still enjoyed it. Sometimes I just wanted to smack Yossarian, but he was so completly pitiful that you felt sorry for him just a bit.
Thanks for sending it to me jules5!

(Reserved for Oedde.)

Journal Entry 5 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, November 25, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (11/25/2011 UTC) at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

On its way to the winner of a sweepstake. I hope you'll enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 6 by Oedde at Cluj-Napoca, Transylvania and Partium Romania on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Thank you, Moriquen, for this book from the list of 1001 to read before you die! I have read the first couple of pages and was intrigued. I also like your review and that of jules5, so I'm looking forward to reading this! Like you, I don't mind it being an old book; I like the fact that I know it sat on jules5's bookshelf for ages before moving to Belgium, and then to Romania :)

Journal Entry 7 by Oedde at Cluj-Napoca, Transylvania and Partium Romania on Thursday, March 22, 2012

It's reserved for elle311's son now. So I'll start reading it next.

Journal Entry 8 by Oedde at Kassel, Hessen Germany on Monday, July 09, 2012

During the last months, I read the first five chapters but didn't enjoy it very much. The language, especially the dialogues, maybe the setting isn't right for me either - I don't know. I'm making this available in case somebody else wants to read it (and I'm contacting elle311 too) but I hope to go back to it and try to continue reading.

Journal Entry 9 by Oedde at Kassel, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

elle311 doesn't want it any more, and I still have no patience for it. So it's staying on my shelf of available books, waiting for new readers.

Journal Entry 10 by Oedde at TUD in Darmstadt, Hessen Germany on Monday, November 05, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (11/5/2012 UTC) at TUD in Darmstadt, Hessen Germany

I released this book today in a safe place where it will be available to many readers: it's on the book swap shelf of the language center at Technische Universität Darmstadt. I use this shelf regularly now; I hope it will get this book to an interested reader, and that we will hear about the book's journey!