corner corner The Firm

The Firm
by John Grisham | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by BCinDC of Washington, District of Columbia USA on Sunday, January 16, 2011

status (set by haahaahaa98): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by BCinDC from Washington, District of Columbia USA on Sunday, January 16, 2011

Members of BCinDC in Washington, D.C., picked this up at the Book Thing of Baltimore, Inc.

Journal Entry 2 by BCinDC at 2011 BookCrossing Convention in -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Sunday, March 20, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (4/16/2011 UTC) at 2011 BookCrossing Convention in -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA

This book will be released at the 2011 BookCrossing Convention

Journal Entry 3 by crrcookie at Washington, District of Columbia USA on Thursday, March 31, 2011

BookCrossing books are more interesting as they get more journal entries and I often pick up additional copies of books that I know I have read before so that I can journal the books and then release them.

This is my opinion from when I read a different copy of this book in Feb 2007.

I am quickly starting to really like reading the books by John Grisham. They are written with a language that is simple to get through. I also like that there is always something happening and this book was a real page turner right from the start. I am intrigued waiting to find out what happens next.

Mitchell McDeere is about to graduate from law school and he is approached by a law firm that is quite exclusive and quite mysterious but one that offers more money than any other law firm could even hope to offer a young lawyer. Mitchell wonders what the catch is but decides to join the firm and take advantage of all the wonderful things that they are offering him and his wife. It doesn't take long before Mitch is approached by the FBI and then gets sucked into a dangerous game of cat and mouse caught in the middle between the firm's mob backing and the FBI that is trying to protect him. The question is will Mitch be able to save himself and his family and live happily ever after or get trapped by one of the people that he is forced to run from.

I loved the suspense and the ingenuity that is the key part of this book. I think I like the author because the types of things that are written about are possible and could be something that could happen in real life. In fact, I wonder if this isn't somewhat of a true story. I would certainly believe the part of the story where the FBI is full of bumbling idiots that put Mitchell in more danger as they try harder and harder to protect him.

Journal Entry 4 by wingedithdollwing at Washington, District of Columbia USA on Friday, April 22, 2011

Picked up at the BC in DC 2011 convention book buffet!
My first Grisham, to be read pile : )

Journal Entry 5 by wingedithdollwing at Winthrop, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The grandfather of all legal thrillers.
I thought it would be more of an evergreen but thrillers are not my cup of tea...Bringing to the May 2011 Boston Meetup/farewell to Sushil...

Journal Entry 6 by haahaahaa98 at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, May 11, 2011

ORPHANED at the bookcrossing local Boston meetup, May 10, 2011…

*********************************

DEAR FINDER,

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has been caught so I know that it has found a good home with you. If you are new to BookCrossing, when you join please indicate that you were referred by haahaahaa98. I hope that you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you are done reading.

I hope that you will enjoy the BookCrossing experience!

PS And if you find yourself liking BookCrossing, Boston has an active group of BookCrossers who meet bi-monthly: second Tuesday of the month at Algiers (40 Brattle St, Cambridge - Harvard Square, 2nd floor). Come join us! For more information, see our meet-up group at http://bookcrossing.meetup.com/195/! Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

Journal Entry 7 by haahaahaa98 at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Might actually take a crack at this.

Journal Entry 8 by haahaahaa98 at Algiers, 40 Brattle Street, Harvard Sq. in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Monday, April 09, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/9/2012 UTC) at Algiers, 40 Brattle Street, Harvard Sq. in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

Fairly fast read, thrilling; see complete review here:

Will release to local bookcrossers.

Journal Entry 9 by KatrinR at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, June 09, 2012

picked up at april, 10 2012 boston bookcrossing meetup in cambridge, ma

Journal Entry 10 by KatrinR at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

liked this more than i thought i would ... good, fast, exciting read even if the characters are not particularly likeable to me

Journal Entry 11 by KatrinR at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

to be released at tonight's boston bookcrossing meetup in cambridge, ma at algiers

Journal Entry 12 by haahaahaa98 at T stop (see release notes for details) in Somerville, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, June 16, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (6/16/2012 UTC) at T stop (see release notes for details) in Somerville, Massachusetts USA

Grisham's The Firm has made its rounds though D.C. and Boston; now releasing inside a weekly newspaper bin (red colored) on the Holland St. side of the T stop, right outside the doors. Happy hunting!