corner corner Blooming Murder (Iris House B & B Mystery)

Blooming Murder (Iris House B & B Mystery)
by Jean Hager | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingfurballwing of Alexandria, Virginia USA on 1/15/2011

status (set by eponine38): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingfurballwing from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, January 15, 2011

As much as I enjoy cozy mysteries, I always wonder about the amateur sleuths in them. Why are they so irritatingly nosy? Tess Darcy has the excuse that she is one of the suspects, and the local police chief has all the subtlety of a none-too-bright pit bull. One wonders how the pit bull got to be chief of police, but then it is a small town. Maybe there wasn't a whole lot of choice. More, one of the saving graces of craft cozies is the chance to learn about different crafts, recipes, and the like. Blooming Murder doesn't have much of that; Tess' late aunt was the iris expert. Still, it was an amusing way to pass the time.

Journal Entry 2 by wingfurballwing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (4/15/2011 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA

To be released at the 2011 Bookcrossing Convention at the Sheraton Crystal City, Arlington, VA.

Journal Entry 3 by wingNancyNovawing at Arlington, Virginia USA on Saturday, April 16, 2011

from the convention. Thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, December 13, 2014

too many books and too little time, making available

Journal Entry 5 by wingNancyNovawing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Sunday, July 12, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (7/13/2015 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Selected from a VBB round. Enjoy!

If you aren't familiar with Bookcrossing, take a few minutes to check out this very cool site. Bookcrossers LOVE books, and more than anything, they love to read books and then set them free for other people to find and enjoy. I would love it if you would leave a journal entry -- you can say where you found the book or how you liked it when you read it. Then, when you are ready, pass it along for someone else to enjoy! Thanks and happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, July 20, 2015

Received from Booklady331's ABC VBB. Thanks for sending it to me!

Book Description: A timely inheritance enables spunky Tess Darcy to transform her late aunt's estate into a charming bed-and-breakfast inn. But when one of her first guests turns up dead, the harried hostess must find the killer.

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, July 24, 2015

My Review: This is a cute, fluffy cozy mystery. It's a fun and fast read. I enjoy cozy mysteries, but this one wasn't the best I've ever read.

Journal Entry 8 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, August 03, 2015

This book is reserved for: Bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller VBB.

Journal Entry 9 by JennyC1230 at -- Mail or by hand,rings, RABCK, meetings, web, Georgia USA on Thursday, November 05, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (11/5/2015 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand,rings, RABCK, meetings, web, Georgia USA

Sending to Eponine38 from the Mystery VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 10 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, November 16, 2015

Thank you, JennyC1230! Looks like fun.

Journal Entry 11 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, May 15, 2016

I enjoyed this easy read. Pretty average plot and characters, but the extra for me was that I love stories about people who run a bed & breakfast - something that I used to want to do. Now I struggle to keep my home clean to my (rather low) standards. Probably a blessing I didn't pursue that B&B dream! ;-)

Journal Entry 12 by wingeponine38wing at Lexington Green in Lexington, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, May 15, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (5/15/2016 UTC) at Lexington Green in Lexington, Massachusetts USA

Left on a bench at about 12:45. Hope the finder enjoys it!

Released for Leap Into the Wild Challenge hosted by AlterEgoZoe.
Released for 2016 April Showers/May Flowers challenge hosted by GoryDetails.

Edited to add: Also Released for Keep Them Moving Challenge hosted by booklady331.

DEAR FINDER,

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!