corner corner The Music of the Spheres

The Music of the Spheres
by Elizabeth Redfern | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingitalianeowynwing of Prata di Pordenone, Friuli Venezia Giulia Italy on 1/13/2011

status (set by Hendrickje): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingitalianeowynwing from Prata di Pordenone, Friuli Venezia Giulia Italy on Monday, January 17, 2011

Every book, every volume you see here, has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it. Every time a book changes hands, every time someone runs his eyes down it's pages, its spirit grows and strengthens…

The Shadow of the Wind, Carlos Ruiz Zafòn

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Journal Entry 2 by wingitalianeowynwing at RABCK Winner, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases on Monday, January 17, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (1/17/2011 UTC) at RABCK Winner, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases

To the winner of INTL SWEEPSTAKES RABCK - January 2011

Happy reading :)

Journal Entry 3 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, January 21, 2011

I can't believe it I've finally won a RABCK! How wonderfull. I've been participating in many sweepstakes so far, and I've been the decoy twice I think. But this is the very first time I've ever been a winner.
Thank you very much for this stunning looking hardcover, italianeowyn! It definately looks like the kind of book I would enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, May 25, 2011

This book has been a pleasure to read. At various stages I though I could predict the ending, but I was wrong every single time. Redfern kept the last little secrets hidden until the very end. I felt so very sorry for Jonathan and Alexander, they seemed truelly pityfull to me. Stargazing with a blind man.
Thanks for sending it to me italianeowyn. I have enjoyed it very much!

Journal Entry 5 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, July 15, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (7/15/2011 UTC) at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

On its way to my partner in the Historical Fiction exchange! I hope you'll enjoy it!

Journal Entry 6 by bloedengel at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, July 17, 2011

I'm sure I will.
Historical fiction is my current 'it' thing , so I will.
Don't know how long it 'll last though.
The last one was chiclit, 'kan je nagaan' :)))
Thank you very much Moriquen, for this book and for the nice day spent in Brugge.

Journal Entry 7 by bloedengel at BC Meeting 2013 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (6/30/2013 UTC) at BC Meeting 2013 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

I just couldn't get into this one. It's well written and part of the story intrigued me. Really.
It might have been the astronomers' point of view that was not mine, or perhapse I've been reading far too much cheesy romances these days to be able to concentrate ...
Who knows.
It did remind me of the lovely time we had in Bruges... is it already that long ago ?
Shame on me.
Well, I'm now sharing it at the biggest meeting the low contries have ... in the Netherlands, Castricum at the beach.
I'm sure it 'll find a new happy reader there ....

Journal Entry 8 by Hendrickje at Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

I picked this book purely because of the wonderful title and the lovely cover. Thanks to all of you for getting it to Castricum.

PS italianeowyn: what a delightful name!;-)

Journal Entry 9 by Hendrickje at OBCZ-DaCosta in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (1/11/2014 UTC) at OBCZ-DaCosta in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands

This book is a bit much for an impressionable person like myself. The story is captivating but haunting and I didn't finish it.

I'll take it to the opening meeting of the new OBCZ DaCosta this afternoon, to see if a new reader would like to have a go at it.

Journal Entry 10 by Unga at Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

I caught it in the Amsterdam Coffee Plaza Da Costa and haven't read anything by Elizabeth Redfern yaet.

I took it home not only because of the intriguing title and the beautifully designed dust, but also because of the appealing setting, the London of 1795.

Journal Entry 11 by Unga at CoffeePlaza in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (2/23/2015 UTC) at CoffeePlaza in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands

On the shelf in the CoffeePlaza Westerpark on the Van Limburg Stirumplein.

Journal Entry 12 by Hendrickje at Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, January 10, 2016

I wondered what this book was doing in OBCZ-Westerpark, as I was pretty certain I hadn't released it there. So I've just checked what happened to it; I'm pretty sure I unfortunately never received any JE's on this book.

Never mind, good to read what has happened. I'll release this book again some time over the next few months.

Journal Entry 13 by Hendrickje at OBCZ Mulligans bar in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, January 16, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (1/16/2016 UTC) at OBCZ Mulligans bar in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands

This will be the 3rd OBCZ where you will be released! I'm curious to know what will happen next...