corner corner Tea Time for the Traditionally Built: The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency: The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency, Book 10 (No 1 Ladies Detective Agency10)

Journal Entry 1 by Niora from Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala Finland on Sunday, January 09, 2011

From the back cover:

There are things that men know and ladies do not, and vice versa. It is unfortunate - when Mma Ramotswe's latest client is the big-shot owner of the Kalahari Swoopers - that one thing lady detectives know little about is football. And when Violet Sephoto sets her sights on Mma Makutsi's unsuspecting fiancé, it becomes clear that some men do not know a ruthless Jezebel even when she bouncing up and down on the best bed in the Double Comfort Furniture Shop.

In her attempt to foster understanding between the sexes, Mma Ramotswe ventures into new territory, drinks tea in unfamiliar kitchens and learns to dig deep to uncover the goodness of the human heart.

Another pleasant entry in the series, not much else to say. I bought this on the airport of Stockholm a couple of months ago and will now see if I can pass it on as a wishlist RABCK.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala Finland on Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thank you for this wishlist book!:D

Journal Entry 3 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala Finland on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I loved this book like I knew I would as I've read this before (yayyy to the local library)...but somehow it seems that every time I read a Mma Ramotswe-book for the first time, I'm too excited to read it slowly, enjoying all the details of the story...so I wanted to read this one again to see what I had missed the first time:D

Journal Entry 4 by wingSoozreaderwing at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, August 25, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (8/24/2011 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

This book is on its way to lukutuoli as a part of the wishlist tag-game on the Finnish forum! Enjoy!:)

Journal Entry 5 by winglukutuoliwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa Finland on Thursday, August 25, 2011

The book has arrived, thanks for fulfilling my wish, Soozreader :)

Journal Entry 6 by winglukutuoliwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa Finland on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I loved this part of the series as I've liked the previous Mme Ramotswe -stories, too. Luckily I've got the next book in my TBR shelf, so I can go on with these lovely characters...:)

Journal Entry 7 by winglukutuoliwing at Surprise For Another BookCrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (12/28/2011 UTC) at Surprise For Another BookCrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This book will travel again as a surprise RABCK...:)

Journal Entry 8 by halonhakkaaja at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo Finland on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What a lovely surprise ... again :) I've already read the previous parts, so I can start this right away. Thanks a lot!

Journal Entry 9 by halonhakkaaja at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo Finland on Monday, January 16, 2012

Familiar and safe, but at the same time the story is very gripping. Extremely enjoyable and refreshing. Thanks a lot Niora, Soozreader and Lukutuoli!

Journal Entry 10 by halonhakkaaja at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo Finland on Monday, April 16, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/16/2012 UTC) at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo Finland

Menossa eteenpäin. Hyviä lukuhetkiä!

Journal Entry 11 by wingMiuMwing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi Finland on Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Thank you for this lovely book. Mma Ramotswe is great!

Journal Entry 12 by wingMiuMwing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi Finland on Saturday, May 05, 2012

This was as enjoyable as all the other Mma Ramotswe books too. Familiar and fun. :)

Journal Entry 13 by wingMiuMwing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi Finland on Monday, May 07, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (5/10/2012 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi Finland

The book goes next to Toukokuu. :)

Journal Entry 14 by toukokuu at Espoo, Uusimaa Finland on Thursday, May 10, 2012

Juuri ehti MiuM tehdä vapautuksen, kirja on jo matkannut postissa luokseni. Kiitos kovasti toiveeni täyttämisestä.

It's been a while since I've been reading books from the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency -series. I enjoy McCall Smith's stories and I love to get back to Botswana and see what's going on in Mma Ramotswe's and Mma Makutsi's lifes.

Journal Entry 15 by toukokuu at Espoo, Uusimaa Finland on Friday, May 18, 2012

Tämän hotkaisin melko vauhdikkaasti ja oli jotenkin tuttua ja turvallista luettavaa. Näissä kirjoissa ei tapahdu ikinä mitään kamalaa ja kaikki päättyy onnellisesti.

"Poor Africa; it did not deserve the things that had been done to it. Africa, that could stand for love and happiness and joy, could also be a place of suffering and shame. But that suffering was not the only story, thought Mme Ramotswe. There was a story of courage and determination and goodness that could be told as well, and she was proud that her country, her Botswana, had been part of that."

This was once again a story of goodness, nothing bad really happened or nothing big. I had missed these good and ordinary people.

Journal Entry 16 by toukokuu at Tampere, Pirkanmaa Finland on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (5/22/2012 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa Finland

Tiputin kirjan eilen postilaatikkoon. Hyviä hetkiä Botswanassa!

Journal Entry 17 by wingem64wing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa Finland on Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Thank you, toukokuu! The book arrived today, looks like perfect summer reading.

Journal Entry 18 by wingem64wing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa Finland on Monday, June 25, 2012

I can't but agree with the previous readers. You know what you get when you read a Mma Ramotswe book; no surprises, no disappointments. Though, I must confess that Mma Ramotswe's utter reluctance to get rid of her little white van started to slightly irritate me; sometimes cars are beyond repair and then you'll just have to buy a new one.

Journal Entry 19 by wingerpaxwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa Finland on Monday, September 03, 2012

I took this at our hilarious meet-up. I'll just need to have some African sun for a rainy day of forthcoming autumn. Many thanks!

Journal Entry 20 by wingerpaxwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa Finland on Friday, December 14, 2012

I totally agree with the previous readers! Such a feel-good story. :)

Journal Entry 21 by wingerpaxwing at Wishlist RABCK, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Friday, December 14, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (12/14/2012 UTC) at Wishlist RABCK, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Wishing You a wonderful Christmas time, Tmarju! *<:-)

Journal Entry 22 by Tmarju at Rovaniemi, Lappi Finland on Monday, December 17, 2012

Thank you Erpax for sending this book to me! I've read some of these Ladies detective agency stories before, bu this is new for me.
Thanx and Merry Christmas to You too!