corner corner Circle of Friends

Circle of Friends
by Maeve Binchy | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 12/25/2010

status (set by Delenna): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, December 25, 2010

From the back:

"Big generous-hearted Benny and the elfin Eve Malone have been best friends throughout their childhoods in sleepy Knockglen. When both girls go to study in Dublin, they meet a circle of friends that includes handsome Jack Foley and the selfish but beautiful Nan Mahon - whose ambitions will drag them all into trouble.

As Knockglen is surprised into new life, Benny and Eve discover that among the many distractions of growing up, true friendship is the greatest gift of all."

***

From the book recycling shelf in Kamppi, Helsinki, Finland.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, February 10, 2014

This is Binchy at her best. Reading this, I felt like I was sitting in a comfy chair in front of a fireplace, wrapped in a warm blanket and sipping hot tea. What a lovely, fuzzy feeling!

Journal Entry 3 by Tarya at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

After I told at yesterday's monthly meeting that I was taking a couple of books for Delenna, Annimanni recommended this one :) Thank you for the book!

Journal Entry 4 by Tarya at Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (2/13/2014 UTC) at Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Binchy's book will reach Delenna at the event GC4WETW :)

Journal Entry 5 by Delenna at Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, February 14, 2014

Thank you for this book :) Happy Valentine's Day!

Journal Entry 6 by Delenna at Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, July 20, 2014

A calm book about relationships. No big amotions or plot twists to be expected. Everything moves smoothly even there's heart ache.

Journal Entry 7 by Delenna at Helsinki-Vantaa Airport Book Swap (T2, Gate 30-31, Kainuu-tila) in Helsinki-Vantaa Airport Book Swap, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (8/1/2014 UTC) at Helsinki-Vantaa Airport Book Swap (T2, Gate 30-31, Kainuu-tila) in Helsinki-Vantaa Airport Book Swap, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

If I manage timewise I'll drop this to the airport on my way to Uumaja (Umeå), Sweden :)