corner corner Persuasion

Persuasion
by Jane Austen | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa Finland on Saturday, December 25, 2010

status (set by LeahMartin): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa Finland on Saturday, December 25, 2010

From the back:

"In Persuasion, Jane Austen's last completed novel, we meet her most memorable heroine. Anne Elliot is far from being a prig, but is a young woman of breeding, depth of emotion and unswerving integrity. We first encounter her leading a curiously Cinderella-like existence with her ludicrous father and her imperious sister.

As the story unfolds, Anne frees herself from familial authority through her relationships with other strong women, and achieves personal fulfillment in this matchless novel in which conventional roles of hero and heroine are reversed and men and women are presented as moral equals."

***

Bought this at a fleamarket for BC purposes. As I have another copy, I'm going to send this one to someone who's wishing for it :)

Journal Entry 2 by LeahMartin at Euless, Texas USA on Friday, January 28, 2011

I just got this book in the mail today! Thanks so much, Annimanni! I love Jane Austen and have not read the two books you sent so I am looking forward to reading them.

Journal Entry 3 by LeahMartin at Euless, Texas USA on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Started reading today. My goal is to have it finished by May 13th so that I can drop it off at a bookcrossing shelf at a Starbucks in Waco. I am excited to start reading it.

Journal Entry 4 by LeahMartin at Waco, Texas USA on Sunday, May 20, 2012

As always, Jane Austen's novels are always so great. All of the characters are well developed and Anne is a great heroine. Her independence and free spirit are subtle but really profound. This really is Jane Austen's most mature novel.

Journal Entry 5 by LeahMartin at Babies r us in Arlington, Texas USA on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Released 11 mos ago (1/22/2014 UTC) at Babies r us in Arlington, Texas USA

I dropped this book at babies r us on 1501 w arbrook in Arlington. I left this is in the mother's room on the table next to the couch. I hope that another Parent is able to take this book and enjoy it. If you have a newborn like I do this book could take a while to read but is a great read! Enjoy reading. I may be dropping more books in other mother's rooms. Since I spend a lot of time there these days!