corner corner Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
by Rebecca Wells | Audiobooks
Registered by wingKateKintailwing of Burke, Virginia USA on 12/16/2010

status (set by Moody-Blue): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bought this at a library sale or a thrift store used book sale.

Abridged
2 cassettes

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing at Arlington, Virginia USA on Sunday, December 19, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (12/19/2010 UTC) at Arlington, Virginia USA

Giving this to LittleWhiteBird for HGG 2010. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by LittleWhiteBird at Arlington, Virginia USA on Monday, December 20, 2010

HGG from KateKintail who came by my house with two boxes of books on tape today :)

Journal Entry 4 by LittleWhiteBird at Arlington, Virginia USA on Monday, January 30, 2012

I'm contributing this audiobook to the VBB by iwillrejoice.

For some reason I don't remember I've been wanting to read this book for a long time.
I didn't like it as much as I had hoped, though. I guess, parents who hit their children always piss me off. At the end, Vivi, Sidda's mother, still kind of has an attitude, instead of being sorry for how she had treated her daughter, not being sensitive to her needs. I didn't connect to the "divine" secrets, either. The group did stupid pranks and made up weird stories, and even though they stayed together even when they were adults, they weren't really able to help each other out where it seemed important.

Journal Entry 5 by LittleWhiteBird at Arlington, Virginia USA on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (3/14/2012 UTC) at Arlington, Virginia USA

Sending this to Moody-Blue who picked this book from the Audio Virtual Book Box we are participating in.

Journal Entry 6 by wingMoody-Bluewing at McDonald, Tennessee USA on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Thank you! I'm interested to see what all the fuss is about.

Journal Entry 7 by wingMoody-Bluewing at Whittier, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Well, that's three hours of my life that I'll never get back! Was this book actually popular? Astounding! Or maybe it's just me... I just don't find the little issues that we women go through very interesting. But usually a women's fiction book at least has some bit of substance! The only intrigue here was how OVERLY melodramatic the reading was on the audiobook version -- and it was read by the author, so it's EXACTLY how she heard everything in her head as she was writing! Wow.

Journal Entry 8 by wingMoody-Bluewing at Whittier, North Carolina USA on Friday, January 11, 2013

Returning this title to iwillrejoice's Audio VBB so someone else can enjoy it.

Journal Entry 9 by wingMoody-Bluewing at Green River Stables in Campbellsville, Kentucky USA on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (11/26/2013 UTC) at Green River Stables in Campbellsville, Kentucky USA

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<

To the finder of this book:

Hello and congratulations!

You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large.

I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book to let me know it's been found. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free!).

Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did.

If you do choose to join Bookcrossing and make a journal entry, then you can watch the book as it travels -- You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please feel free to indicate that I, Moody-Blue, referred you when you set up your free online profile!

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single release!!

Happy Reading!