corner corner In the Name of Love : Ann Rule's Crime Files Volume 4

Registered by yvi-1 on 7/27/2003

status (set by LeeJackie): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by yvi-1 on Sunday, July 27, 2003

Going on Mount TBR.

Journal Entry 2 by yvi-1 at a Surprise household in Pittsburg, Missouri USA on Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Release planned for Thursday, July 31, 2003 at a Surprise household in Pittsburg, Missouri USA.

Journal Entry 3 by portias from Pittsburg, Missouri USA on Monday, August 11, 2003

Received this book in the mail. Thank you. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 4 by portias from Pittsburg, Missouri USA on Tuesday, August 26, 2003

I truly love to read Ann Rule's true crime books. I have read criticisms of her...but I think she is excellent! Her cases are very well researched and written. This book has 4 short stories as well as the longer IN THE NAME OF THE GAME. After reading this I cannot get Susan and Jerry Harris out of my mind. What a senseless tragedy!
From the back cover..."IN THE NAME OF LOVE" probes the case of Jerry Harris, a self-made California millionaire who, at the age of forty-four, had it all: booming businesses, yachts, a mansion, a beautiful wife, and a voice to rival Elvis. No one who knew this well-liked, generous man could make sense of his sudden disappearance on an October night in 1987. On a final phone call to his brother from his Mercedes, Jerry breathed a muffled oath--then the line went dead. For Jerry's wife, Susan, it was just the beginning of a relentless eight-year search for the truth behind her husband's vanishing." I think of Susan frequently now...wondering if she has been able to find any happiness in her life. I truly hope so.
Another story in the book, THE KILLER WHO NEVER FORGOT...OR FORGAVE, tells the story of Arne Kaarsten who killed his wife and baby...served 13 years...and now lives a highly successful post-prison life...even escorting the king and queen of Norway when they visited Seattle a few years ago. Personally, I don't believe that's justice.
Thank you very much, yvi-1, for sharing this excellent book with me. I appreciate it. Will release in the next week or so.

Journal Entry 5 by portias from Pittsburg, Missouri USA on Wednesday, September 17, 2003

I don't think you can top Ann Rule for writing books that you hate to put down. This book and the people in it is one I won't soon forget. Sending to aliclynnk in Malaysia by September 20.

Journal Entry 6 by aliclynnk on Thursday, November 06, 2003

SURPRISE SURPRISE !!! Thanks, Portias ;o) I love surprises... especially when they're books on my doorstep.. Thank you ;o)

Journal Entry 7 by LeeJackie at Foyer DK U in USM, Pulau Pinang (George Town) Malaysia on Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (7/19/2005 UTC) at Foyer DK U in USM, Pulau Pinang (George Town) Malaysia