corner corner For the Sake of Elena (Inspector Lynley Mystery)

For the Sake of Elena (Inspector Lynley Mystery)
by Elizabeth George | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingMrsPeelwing of Therwil, Baselland Switzerland on 11/27/2010

status (set by baumano2): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by wingMrsPeelwing from Therwil, Baselland Switzerland on Saturday, December 11, 2010

Registered in Therwil (Basel-Land), Switzerland

It has been a while since I read this. I'm pretty sure I bought this in in a charity shop in Horsham, England while I lived there.
Inspector Lynley Mysteries are always really good. I like the ongoing stories of Lynley, Havers, and the supporting characters. Each individual book also has its own angle, so the series doesn't get samey. If I remember right, this one is set in Cambridge, so lots of Lynley's school memories come out.

Journal Entry 2 by wingMrsPeelwing at Therwil, Baselland Switzerland on Thursday, January 27, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (1/28/2011 UTC) at Therwil, Baselland Switzerland

I'm passing a few Inspector Lynley books on to a British friend. It will be interesting to see what she thinks of this series set in England but written by an American.

(I believe this book was donated to a library book sale, as I saw some of the others released with it at the sale. The next journaler must have bought it there, or in the Church sale that the unsold books went to. Either way I am thrilled it was found! :)

Journal Entry 3 by baumano2 at Basel, Basel-Stadt Switzerland on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Matter of fact: every book by Elizabeth George is a good quality reading. She is able to transform words into pictures. Love every book of hers.