corner corner Mostly Cassette Audio Bookbox II Packing List

Mostly Cassette Audio Bookbox II Packing List
by Various | Journals
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 11/20/2010

status (set by hyphen8): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, December 30, 2010

This little book is going out with the continuation of my mostly cassette audio bookbox.

It will start off with 18 books on cassette because I don't have any CDs ready to go at the moment, but if you want to put in a CD audiobook or two that's ok - just try to keep it to no more than a couple of CDs in the box at a time since this is meant to be mostly cassettes.

Books to start the box:

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
The Thief of Always by Clive Barker
A Week in the Woods by Andrew Clements

-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

1. Please journal when you receive the box.

2. List what you're taking out and putting in. It doesn't have to be an exact exchange with the number of cassettes/discs matching, but try to be fair to the people who come after you.

a. I'd like it if you'd list what you're taking out & putting in here but

b. Please make a note in the little pink journal book too - it's supposed to be a packing list.

c. If you'd like to write where you're from or any other notes in the journal, feel free. I'm not very imaginative, but it's always fun to see what other people have to say. :)

d. Please do get your money's worth for the postage; take as many from the box as you wish as long as the replacements pretty much even things out. :D

3. Journal to say the box & journal are on their way again, hopefully within a couple of weeks

4. Send by whatever method works for you: media mail is fine.

5. Please leave this journal in the box for next person.

-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

List of participants (subject to change):

jcm (IL)
imawinn2 (WI)
LittleWhiteBird (VA/CA)
tostle (UT)
DameEdna (NJ)
NMReader (VA)
back to hyphen8 (HI) - box is here

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, December 31, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (12/31/2010 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

This box is finally headed out. Media mail from Hawaii usually takes about 3 weeks, so I'm hoping it will get to Illinois before the end of January.

Free your books - help spread the words!

Journal Entry 3 by jcm at Arlington Heights, Illinois USA on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sorry I overlooked this at first. I'll be sending the box along to Wisconsin at the end of the week, already have the address. Thanks for restarting the box.

Journal Entry 4 by jcm at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (2/1/2011 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Finally got this in the mail today on its way to Wisconsin. Hopefully it makes it through the blizzard ok!

Journal Entry 5 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just got home from a mini vacation up in the northern reaches of Wisconsin and found this big box of audiobooks. Whoo! Hoo! There are so many interesting ones to choose from and it will be fun to root around the box and make my selections. Thanks for continuing this box, hyphen8!

Journal Entry 6 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, February 13, 2011

I got up early this morning and made a pot of coffee. Then I proceeded to dig through this rather large audio bookbox. Tough way to spend a Sunday morning, huh? ;-) I had quite a few cassette audio books to trade and am happy to get some fresh ones. The following are my Picks and Shares.

My Picks:

Bourne Identity
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
Alien Chronicles: The Golden One
The Great Santini

Journal Entry 7 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (2/22/2011 UTC) at Neenah, Wisconsin USA

Finally! I am getting this big ol' box out the door. Life has been throwing a number of hectic days at me and then we get hit with another big ol' snowstorm. After two days of blizzard conditions, the neighborhood is, at last, dug out from under a foot of that white stuff and I was able to make it to the post office. So, the audiobooks are on their merry way to the next participant. Here is the tracking number: 0310 0480 0002 3194 6401
Happy Travels!

Journal Entry 8 by LittleWhiteBird at Arlington, Virginia USA on Tuesday, March 01, 2011

I picked up the box from the post office this morning. It must have just arrived before I came, because I didn't even have a note in my P.O. box yet. It'll take a few days to go through the box, exchange books and repackage, I might have to get a new box.

Journal Entry 9 by LittleWhiteBird at Arlington, Virginia USA on Wednesday, March 02, 2011

I'm taking out the following audio books:

Complete Sonnets, The - by William Shakespeare
Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now - by Maya Angelou
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings - by Maya Angelou
Eva Peron - by Nicholas Fraser, Marysa Navarro
Abel's Island - by William Steig
The Guardian - by Nicholas Sparks
The Art of Innovation: Lessons in Creativity from IDEO, America's Leading Design Firm - by Tom Kelley, Jonathan Littman
Against all Enemies - by Richard A. Clarke

Gunman's Rhapsody - by Robert B. Parker
Night Work (Kate Martinelli Mysteries) - by Laurie R. King
Forrest Gump - by Winston Groom
Men in Black

I'm also adding Myths and Legends of the World: The Silver Treasure. I've not registered it, because cassette 1 is missing, but cassettes 2 and 3 are still just as enjoyable, because these are all individual legends. It's an extra for whoever wants it.

Journal Entry 10 by LittleWhiteBird at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, March 04, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (3/4/2011 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

I think I'll be able to make it to the post office today. UPDATE: Yes, sent this afternoon.

I found a sturdier box (the previous one was showing some wear) that fits everything.

Journal Entry 11 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Sorry it took me so long to journal this bookbox! I am ready to send it to the next person! Thank you for sharing!

Journal Entry 12 by DameEdna at Monroe Township (Middlesex County), New Jersey USA on Sunday, May 01, 2011

The box has landed! And I just went to a book sale yesterday...so I hope to put some great stuff in!

Journal Entry 13 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 19, 2011

It has arrived. Unfortunately the bottom of the box had given way. I hope no tapes were lost.

Journal Entry 14 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Monday, August 01, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (8/1/2011 UTC) at Herndon, Virginia USA

Taking out:
Pure Dead Wicked
Pure Dead Magic Deep Storm

Putting in:
Half a Heart
First Offense
Last Full Measure

Journal Entry 15 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, August 19, 2011

Well, this box is home again and I'm impressed: it grew and grew and grew! I got back 51 audiobooks in a giant box. Thank you to all participants for helping make my second try at a bookbox a success. It may take me a while to go through everything but I'll post in the forum when I'm ready to start this box up again.

Not too bad: only 4 of the originals came back to me, and at least one of them got listened to along the way.

Journal Entry 16 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, August 19, 2011

Haven't found a BCID for:

Executive Orders by Tom Clancy
The King of Torts by John Grisham

If you put these in the box and they're registered, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll eventually register them myself before passing them on.