corner corner Real Love

Real Love
by Mitsuki Oda | Graphic Novels
Registered by winglaevinawing of Denver, Colorado USA on Wednesday, November 17, 2010

status (set by k00kaburra): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winglaevinawing from Denver, Colorado USA on Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Manga / Josei

Real love and passion.

Can happiness be found in the delicate balance between passion and love? Twins Shun and Shu have had no luck in love. However, a chance encounter reunites former lovers Shu and Naomichi after their breakup of three years ago. While the two had a budding relationship in the past, things fell apart and they went their separate ways. Now, fate brings them back together once again. Could it be that a relationship like the one they shared in the past is what they have been looking for all along? Can they both find the meaning of real love?

Journal Entry 2 by winglaevinawing at Denver, Colorado USA on Friday, July 01, 2011

Real Love - Chapters 1 - 3: Fun stories about the loves of twins Shun and Shu, though it took me a while to figure out who was who - I almost thought they were together until Shun's ex-girlfriend made more of an appearance.

Baby; Love Star - High schooler Hikari has been playing guitar on the streets when she meets Kin. He gets her a record contract but then distances himself from her.

Journal Entry 3 by winglaevinawing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (9/12/2011 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

off into the wild . . . the manga/graphic novel book box

Journal Entry 4 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Saw a bunch of josei manga and picked out a few to try.

Journal Entry 5 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Sunday, April 29, 2012

I agree that the characters are a bit confusing in the title story. And I so don't like Shu, it's hard to accept the ending.
Can't say I like Ladies Comics, even though it's more age-appropriate for me, LOL...
Will wait for the next manga box to put this in.

Journal Entry 6 by wingazukiwing at Manga Boobox in Manga Bookbox, Book Box -- Controlled Releases on Monday, July 02, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (7/2/2012 UTC) at Manga Boobox in Manga Bookbox, Book Box -- Controlled Releases

Putting into AlterEgoZoe's bookbox.

Journal Entry 7 by wingk00kaburrawing at San Jose, California USA on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Keeping this one.

Journal Entry 8 by wingk00kaburrawing at San Jose, California USA on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Read two days ago.

The first thing I noticed when I read this was that the art is so similar to Ai Yazawa, creator of Paradise Kiss and Nana! Now, I know that for shoujo manga it's pretty common to have art that looks alike, but Yazawa's always had such a distinctive style that I've never seen other comics like it. So that was weird and unexpected - so unusual that I almost wondered if Mitsuki Oda was an alter ego for Ai Yazawa!

The stories themselves? Meh. The first one was something about twins having relationship troubles with their significant others. I actually worried that the story was going to lead into some creepy twincest sex, but thankfully the author didn't veer in that direction. The second was about a musician who gets discovered off the street and has a relationship with her agent. Neither one was particularly memorable.

I was somewhat annoyed that the hair didn't match the faces. I don't know how to explain this, but I'll try. The linework for the hair of uses the same thin pen for every strand, while the faces are drawn a variety of pen nibs. This gives the faces an illusion of modeling and dimensionality, while the hair always looks flat. It bugged me.

Journal Entry 9 by wingk00kaburrawing at San Jose, California USA on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (12/14/2012 UTC) at San Jose, California USA

sent to P. H. of Andover, MN to fulfill a request on Paperbackswap.com!