corner corner Blind Justice (Sir John Fielding Mysteries)

Blind Justice (Sir John Fielding Mysteries)
by Bruce Alexander | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingmaryzeewing of Taneytown, Maryland USA on Sunday, November 14, 2010

status (set by eponine38): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingmaryzeewing from Taneytown, Maryland USA on Saturday, February 19, 2011

I found this book last weekend at The Book Warehouse outlet store, while checking out the "3 for the price of 2" table. I always enjoy trying different kinds of mysteries, and have heard of this author before. (although not read anything by him).

From the cover -
"Having often been asked to commit to print these memories of my association with the late Sir John Fielding, the celebrated magistrate of the Bow Street Court, I now set pen to paper for the first time..."
In 1768, thirteen-year-old Jeremy Proctor arrives in London, a city bustling with gamblers, prositutes, and thieves. Certainly no place for an orphan, and trouble wastes no time in finding him. Arrested on a trumped-up charge of theft, Jeremy's only salvation is the compassion and wisdom of Sir John Fielding, the founder of the Bow Street Runners, renowned for his skills as a detective, and who, most impressively accomplished it all without a sense of sight.
When a baffling "locked room" murder rocks London, Fielding is called upon to investigate - but not before he engages the services of an unlikely but uncanny new partner in Jeremy, a lad instrumental in helping to illuminate the dark feats of detection.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Saturday, January 28, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed this mystery, with its surprise ending. I enjoyed Jeremy as the narrator of the tale, and thought the characters rang true to the times. I thought the scenes at Bow Street were fascinating, and look forward to finding more of these mysteries to enjoy.

This book is promised in the wishlist tag game, so will soon be off to a new home. Many thanks to Eponine38, who had this on her wishlist and so "forced me" to read it sooner, rather than later :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingmaryzeewing at USPS, RABCK to fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (1/30/2012 UTC) at USPS, RABCK to fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Mailed off to Eponine38 on Monday, for the wishlist tag game. Hope she enjoys it as much as I did!

Journal Entry 4 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Thanks so much for this wishlist book sent through the tag game! I'm anxious to start reading it, especially after seeing your review!

[Glad I played a part in getting it read quickly :-)!]