corner corner Amsterdam (Vintage Booker)

Amsterdam (Vintage Booker)
by Ian McEwan | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingAnna-Owing of Buenos Aires, Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal) Argentina on Thursday, November 11, 2010

status (set by finchausti): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingAnna-Owing from Buenos Aires, Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal) Argentina on Thursday, November 11, 2010

My fantastic secret friend sent this to me making me VERY HAPPYYYYYYY.
Will be PC until I have the chance to read it.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnna-Owing at Buenos Aires, Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal) Argentina on Sunday, February 12, 2012

A fantastic story!! I like Ian McEwan a lot. Although sometimes his writting seems complicated (I should try to read him in spanish, for I always do in english) his stories are so good, so deeply thought and so well told that they are fascinating. This story, that starts as a reflection about the fragility of life, and follows with an interesting moral debate, ends up in such a surprsing, unlikely way that leaves you open mouthed.
great nove. I shall offer it as a ring but I'll surely want it back.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnna-Owing at Buenos Aires, Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal) Argentina on Monday, February 13, 2012

Bookring:

Fededuarte
Marilina85
Valeria/mycolorbuttons
Valeria/lerita

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnna-Owing at Bar La Opera in Buenos Aires, Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal) Argentina on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (2/15/2012 UTC) at Bar La Opera in Buenos Aires, Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal) Argentina

LIBROANILLO, NO LIBERAR.

llevo a la reunión de febrero 2012 para que comience

Journal Entry 5 by Lerita at Bar La Opera, Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal) Argentina on Friday, March 02, 2012

I enjoyed this book! Thanks Anna-O.
"Now we live in a more reasonable, compassionate and tolerant age in which the private and harmless preferences of individuals, however public they may be, remain their own busines." pg126.
The story is interesting and entertaining, and the topics dealt with are thought-provoking, without passing subliminar messeges. Great literature! Short book, but wouldn't classify it as an easy-read.
Reserved to be passed on to others in the b-ring list, and then to it's owner. Thanks!!

Journal Entry 6 by Lerita at Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal), Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal) Argentina on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (8/18/2012 UTC) at Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal), Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal) Argentina

Will take it to meetup to pass it on to the next reader.

Journal Entry 7 by mycolorbuttons at Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires Province Argentina on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Found during the second August meeting in Pompeii.

Journal Entry 8 by mycolorbuttons at Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires Province Argentina on Monday, September 03, 2012

I looooved this novel! At first sight it looks like a small, innocent, quite harmless book, but there is so much to be said about the story... I don't want to spoil it, but even more interesting than the events, are the characters' motivations for their actions. Totally recommendable!

Journal Entry 9 by mycolorbuttons at Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires Province Argentina on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (9/12/2012 UTC) at Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires Province Argentina

Released during the first September meeting at El Federal.

Journal Entry 10 by finchausti at Bar EL FEDERAL, Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal) Argentina on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cazado en la reunión de septiembre!

Journal Entry 11 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at La Plata, Buenos Aires Province Argentina on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Entretenido. Buena introducción a Ian McEwan, pero lejos de lo que a mi entender son sus mejores libros "Saturday" y "Atonement"

Journal Entry 12 by finchausti at La Plata, Buenos Aires Province Argentina on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ya lo tengo conmigo otra vez!