corner corner If I Stay

If I Stay
by Gayle Forman | Literature & Fiction
Registered by ksloan23 of Colby, Kansas USA on Saturday, November 06, 2010

status (set by hovey): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by ksloan23 from Colby, Kansas USA on Saturday, November 06, 2010

A romantic, riveting, and ultimately uplifting story about memory, music, living, dying, loving.

Journal Entry 2 by ksloan23 at Manhattan, Kansas USA on Monday, November 08, 2010

This book was ok. It was a sad read and does make you think but is not a favorite or one I would read over and over again.

Journal Entry 3 by wingMinerva101wing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Arrived in the mail today safe and sound! Thank you so much for sending it out - I am adding it to Mt. TBR :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingMinerva101wing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Wow - as a parent I can say that this book is beautifully written and it definitely made me a bit weepy. It also is such a good story about life and living - more about what there is to look forward to and being thankful about what you have - than about actual death or despair.
I really liked it.
My only problem with the book is that the main character, Mia, just seems too old to be a teenager... too mature... too deep, and Adam is a bit too perfect. But I can handle it - it still is a very good read :)

I will put this aside to share at the next Calgary Bookcrossing meeting. Thank you ksloan23 for sharing this lovely book...

Journal Entry 5 by wingMinerva101wing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (11/12/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this beautiful book to the Calgary Bookcrossing meeting at the Joshua Tree cafe to find a new reader

Journal Entry 6 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, November 13, 2011

I loved this book. I brought it home yesterday from bookcrossing meeting and had it sitting on the coffee table. I hadn't registered it yet but picked it up and it hooked me. None the less I kept reading and here it is the next day and I am done.

I have so many books to read that people tell me "you haaavvve to read this" but they don't always interest me. I eventually do get around to reading them and do usually enjoy them. But they don't hit me and when it comes time to share them at the bookcrossing meeting, I hardly remember what the book is about. But this type of story is so appealing to me. It is written in a detached way which is perfect for the situation. It sits with me and I ponder it. Will I read it again... probably not... once is enough. It has made it's impact on me.

Journal Entry 7 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (11/27/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

passing on to sing song as she was over for dinner.

Journal Entry 8 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (11/27/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

passing on to sing song as she was over for dinner.

Journal Entry 9 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Got this from Crossingguardma when we went oveer for a delicious meal and a tour of their wonderful renovation. I loved the book. Had tissues nearby and used them. It was very thought provoking - not just about choosing to live, but the choices that we are faced with about careers and life in general. I would like to read more about her.

Journal Entry 10 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (12/10/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the Dec. meeting at Joshua Tree Cafe.

Journal Entry 11 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Wow, the previous reviews will surely move this up in Mnt. TBR. Thanks a bunch, and I will have tissues nearby.

Journal Entry 12 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 28, 2012

I was in an emotional state, after my dearest friend of 34 years passed away this week. The dialogue between Mia and Kim so reminded me of our high school years together.

A very sweet book that will certainly stay with me a while.

Journal Entry 13 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/12/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Released at the Calgary May meet-up of BookCrossers at the Joshua Tree Café.

Journal Entry 14 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, May 14, 2012

Picked this up at May's meeting. Sounds like it is a great book. I'm adding it to my TBR pile.

Journal Entry 15 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Very up and down journey with this book. I laughed and then I cried. Fortunately I read the ending at home otherwise I would have been crying at my desk on my lunch break. A very thought provoking book that will likely stick with me for awhile, it sure made me grateful for what I have!

In the Q & A at the end it says the movie rights have been purchased for this book... I'm interested in how this translates to the big screen.

Journal Entry 16 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Picked this up at the Aug BC meeting, just read the previous journals so am very looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 17 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 11, 2014

Released 1 mo ago (10/11/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this book to the October BookCrossing meeting to be enjoyed by the next reader

Journal Entry 18 by hovey at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, November 07, 2014

Controlled release from Calgary Book Crossing meeting October 11, 2014