corner corner Perfection

Perfection
by Julie Metz | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by LindyLouMac of Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on 10/31/2010

status (set by LindyLouMac): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LindyLouMac from Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, October 31, 2010

Product Description Amazon.co.uk
A breathtakingly honest memoir about the complexities of forgiveness when a young widow discovers her husband's secret life after his death. Six months after the death of her husband, Julie Metz discovered that the man she loved had been unfaithful throughout their marriage. This memoir - moving, simple and filled with wonderful imagery - is the story of a woman coming to terms with painful truths and of rebuilding a life and identity after the worst betrayal.

Journal Entry 2 by LindyLouMac at Viterbo, Lazio Italy on Monday, May 16, 2011

I have absolutely no idea why this book has so many good reviews, mind you it does seem to have lots of bad ones as well. Maybe if I had read them first I would not have bothered with this tedious, dull read.

I knew it was going to be a memoir about a young woman trying to put her life back together when her husband unexpectedly dies of a heart attack. I also knew that she was going to discover that he had been unfaithful to her, fair enough and very sad, but she carries out a campaign to contact all the women he has been unfaithful with. I just found it difficult to understand why anyone would want to cause themselves such pain, let alone share it with the rest of the world by publishing this memoir!

Perfection is the story of Julie Metz’s personal journey through the chaos of her husbands death and infidelities. She recounts coming to terms with the painful truths, building a life for herself and her young daughter after widowhood and betrayal. Happiness seems to have been found by her if not ‘Perfection’

Maybe she found it cathartic to write this but I certainly did not enjoy reading about the sham of her marriage as she bravely exposes herself to the full glare of the public. You might have done, do let me know.

More about this author and the book can be found at

Journal Entry 3 by LindyLouMac at The Douglas Haig in Effingham, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, May 16, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (5/12/2011 UTC) at The Douglas Haig in Effingham, Surrey United Kingdom

Dear Finder of this book,

You don't have to join or sign up or anything to bookcrossing to leave a comment here but if you do join, you will receive emails to alert you when others make a journal entry for this book and track its travels across the world. If you decide to join bookcrossing, now that you have discovered the site, I'd be delighted if you would mention me - LindyLouMac - as the person who introduced you to the site.

Happy reading