corner corner Once Upon a More Enlightened Time: More Politically Correct Bedtime Stories

Once Upon a More Enlightened Time: More Politically Correct Bedtime Stories
by James Finn Garner | Humor
Registered by Duskdreamer of Exeter, Devon United Kingdom on 10/26/2010

status (set by marsala): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Duskdreamer from Exeter, Devon United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The sequel to 'Politically Correct Bedtime Stories' -- ghastly, but thoroughly tongue-in-cheek :)

Journal Entry 2 by Duskdreamer at Exeter, Devon United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (12/14/2010 UTC) at Exeter, Devon United Kingdom

Picked from the 1st Sentences Virtual Book Box and on its way!

Journal Entry 3 by wingfrutzwing at Paris, Ile-de-France France on Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Received today in the mail.
This book looks just great, exactly the kind of humor that makes me laugh :)
Thanks a lot!

Journal Entry 4 by wingfrutzwing at Paris, Ile-de-France France on Friday, December 31, 2010

I just finished this little book over the holidays. It's a nice and fun read, even though I prefered not reading all the tales at once but spacing them a bit. It reflects nicely how "politically correct" society is becoming as these kinds of formulations have become even more frequently used since this book was published in 1995. Reading these stories also made me want to read the first book...
Thanks again for sharing

Journal Entry 5 by wingfrutzwing at Paris, Ile-de-France France on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (1/18/2011 UTC) at Paris, Ile-de-France France

Send to the winner of the intl sweepstake rabck organized by oppem
Have fun!

Journal Entry 6 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, January 21, 2011

I'm still a bit in denial, but I'm guessing it finally happened. I've won a sweepstake! Good grief, how unexpected!
This little book looks like something I would enjoy. I love 'alternative' fairy tales and stories. Thank you very much for this book frutz!

Journal Entry 7 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, June 01, 2011

It was an ok book overall. It made me laugh every nog and again and the short tales where amusing if not altogether really funny. I especially enjoyed some jokes involving poultry (in the hare and trotoise tale). Thanks for sending it to me frutz, I think I already know where this book is going next!

Journal Entry 8 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (6/8/2011 UTC) at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

On its way to someone who had it on their wishlist. I hope you'll enjoy it!!

Journal Entry 9 by lamelemon at București, Wallachia Romania on Wednesday, June 15, 2011

wow, what a lovely surprise! Totally unexpected :) Thanks a lot, Moriquen, for this wish come true! Can't wait for bedtime and the perfect fairytale gone bad.

Journal Entry 10 by lamelemon at București, Wallachia Romania on Monday, June 20, 2011

Bedtime will never be the same! All stories were cute and amusing. It's funny to see all your childhood characters transformed in GreenPeace activists, Zen apprentices, human rights militants or the like. I particularly noticed the spelling of "woman" as "wommon" and "person" as "persun" for politically over-correctness. Who knows what bedtime stories will our great-grandchildren read?

Journal Entry 11 by lamelemon at Targu Ocna, Moldavia Romania on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (11/10/2011 UTC) at Targu Ocna, Moldavia Romania

Passing this on to my niece, a new BC member - hoping this will help in spreading the joy of bookcrossing :)

Journal Entry 12 by allynootza at Targu Ocna, Moldavia Romania on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thanks lamelemon for passing this book to me! :) The idea of "politically correct" fairytales seems very amusing and I'm sure I will enjoy reading it. Also, I hope I will do great here on BC, as I intend to become an active member! ^__^

Journal Entry 13 by lamelemon at București, Wallachia Romania on Sunday, September 02, 2012

This is back with me, and once again available :)

Journal Entry 14 by lamelemon at București, Wallachia Romania on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (10/17/2012 UTC) at București, Wallachia Romania

What if our childhod stories were rewritten with a touch of new age? What if the bad guys would be easily offended, what if the heroes are burdened with their mission or stigmatized by their strengths?

Here's a funny little book that tries to paint a new picture of all this and more. Happy Birthday! I bet nobody ever gets old enough for bedtime stories.. :)

Journal Entry 15 by marsala at Ravenstein, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

This looks like a fun little book!

Journal Entry 16 by marsala at Den Haag - Utrecht in - In de trein, Utrecht Netherlands on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (12/30/2012 UTC) at Den Haag - Utrecht in - In de trein, Utrecht Netherlands

Left this book on a tray in the intercity train from The Hague to Utrecht.