corner corner Narn I Chin Hurin: The Tale of the Children of Hurin

Narn I Chin Hurin: The Tale of the Children of Hurin
by J. R. R. Tolkien | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by wingWistfulDragonwing of Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, October 21, 2010

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingWistfulDragonwing from Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hardback.
"There are tales of Middle-earth from times long before The Lord of the Rings, and teh stor told in this book is set in the great county that lay beyond the Grey Havens in the West: lands where Treebeard once walked, but which were drowned in the great cataclysm that ended the First Age of the World."

Journal Entry 2 by wingWistfulDragonwing at Camel & Artichoke - OBCZ in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, May 07, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/8/2012 UTC) at Camel & Artichoke - OBCZ in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom

Dear Finder of this book,

If you decide to join bookcrossing, now that you have discovered the site, I'd be delighted if you would mention me - WistfulDragon - as the person who introduced you to the site.

Happy reading

WistfulDragon

Journal Entry 3 by wingWistfulDragonwing at Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, June 03, 2012

This was brought home again by Diomedes, who thought it was the copy he'd given me. As if I would have - that's one of the few books I've managed to fit on my bookcase! Anyway, this copy is now available again (still).

Journal Entry 4 by wingWistfulDragonwing at Camel & Artichoke - OBCZ in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (7/10/2012 UTC) at Camel & Artichoke - OBCZ in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom

Dear Finder of this book,

Happy reading

WistfulDragon

Journal Entry 5 by marsala at Chiswick, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Picked it up from the meetup. It's about time I read some Tolkien again!

Journal Entry 6 by marsala at Ravenscourt Park in Hammersmith and Fulham, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (8/11/2012 UTC) at Ravenscourt Park in Hammersmith and Fulham, Greater London United Kingdom

Left this book on a bench in Ravenscourt Park.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, August 18, 2012

If you're a Tolkien fan, you'll like it. Set millenia before Lord of the Rings, it goes some way towards explaining why Aragorn was so wary about repeating the mistakes of his ancestors, and of being found wanting in moral character. If you don't know Tolkien, but appreciate the big human stories of the Illiad etc., and find it fascinating how fate binds us to our futures, give it a go, but I'd suggest reading just the story, not the preamble, as it might just confuse!
This was found in a Chiswick cemetery, and will be left at Heathrow Terminal 3 early tomorrow morning.