corner corner The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl, Book 7)

The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl, Book 7)
by Eoin Colfer | Teens
Registered by BethanieKay of Fort Worth, Texas USA on Thursday, October 21, 2010

status (set by DEESSE): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by BethanieKay from Fort Worth, Texas USA on Thursday, October 21, 2010

I've loved the other 6 books in this series -- looking forward to reading this one!

Journal Entry 2 by BethanieKay at Fort Worth, Texas USA on Sunday, November 07, 2010

I didn't think this one was as entertaining or creative as the previous books in this series, but still enjoyable. I still find great enjoyment in many of the characters, especially Holly, Butler, and of course, Artemis :) It's been fun to "watch" Artemis change and grow with his adventures over the years!

Journal Entry 3 by BethanieKay at Fort Worth, Texas USA on Sunday, February 20, 2011

My bookshelves are overflowing, so in an effort to get some books out and traveling, I'm sending this one to satay-spiess in Germany as a RABCK since she has it on her Wishlist :)

Journal Entry 4 by BethanieKay at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Sunday, February 20, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (2/20/2011 UTC) at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Artemis and friends are now on their way across the Atlantic to satay-spiess in Germany. Happy Travels, little book!

Journal Entry 5 by wingsatay-spiesswing at Hamburg - Osdorf, Hamburg Germany on Thursday, March 10, 2011

Today the well traveled book arrived here in Hamburg, Germany. I'm very happy about that, and I'm looking forward to reading this book hopefully soon. I already know the other ones - partly read in German language, partly in English.
Thanks again, dear Bethanie, for this RABCK. I must say that I nearly blacked out when I saw the amount of postage on the envelope. Alone for that reason I'll handle this book with extra care! :-)

Journal Entry 6 by wingsatay-spiesswing at Hamburg - Osdorf, Hamburg Germany on Saturday, July 09, 2011

You're right Bethanie, this one was enjoyable but not as good as most of the other ones. By the way ... my favourite character is Mulch, the dwarf. I like his humor, and he has his little faults and weaknesses. :-)

Gelesen für die Assoziations-Challenge mit den Juli-Begriffen NACKT und OPAL. Meine Assoziation: Mit Nacktheit assoziiere ich zuallererst Tätigkeiten, für die man sich üblicherweise komplett auszieht, wie z.B. Baden. Baden kann man aber auch im Meer, wenngleich man dort meist eher nicht zu Reinigungs-, sondern zu Spaßzwecken badet. Im Meer aber ist bekanntlich auch die sagenumwobene Stadt Atlantis versunken.
Übrigens - und das ist für die Challenge zwar vollkommen unerheblich, aber dennoch wissenswert: In der Welt von Eoin Colfer gibt es tatsächlich ein Atlantis, in dem die Elfen wohnen, seitdem sie sich vor uns Menschen verstecken. Und es kommt sogar eine Figur namens Opal dort vor. Aber wie gesagt, leider vollkommen unerheblich ... :-)

Journal Entry 7 by RincewindHH at Hamburg - Osdorf, Hamburg Germany on Friday, July 15, 2011

Good but not the best Story

Journal Entry 8 by wingwildboarhunterwing at Rodgau, Hessen Germany on Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanks a lot to RincewindHH for this kind RABCK. Saw the book at the library, but unfortunately only in German. I like the English ones much more, so I asked for this book and got it. Lucky me! :-) I think it will become my Christmas reading...if I can wait this long.

12.12.12: Already finished... My opinion is the same as those of the others. I liked the book, but it's not my favourite Artemis Fowl. Well, one more Artemis Fowl ahead...:-))

Journal Entry 9 by wingwildboarhunterwing at Rodgau, Hessen Germany on Friday, December 14, 2012

Das Buch wird nun zum Ray, mit folgenden Teilnehmerinnen und Teilnehmern:

1. tourvel
2. DEESSE (mit deutscher Adresse ;-))
3. Herrundmeyer

Viel Spaß mit dem Buch! :-)

Journal Entry 10 by wingwildboarhunterwing at -- Per Post/Persönliche Weitergabe--, Hessen Germany on Sunday, December 16, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (12/17/2012 UTC) at -- Per Post/Persönliche Weitergabe--, Hessen Germany

Das Buch macht sich auf den Weg zu tourvel, die schon ganz gespannt darauf ist, wie es weitergeht. Liebe Grüße und viel Spaß damit! :-)

Journal Entry 11 by tourvel at Alsdorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, December 24, 2012

Buch ist angekommen. Danke! Thanks!

08.03. I love it. Perhaps a little more than the others. But probably it's because I don't really remember them that good ;-)
It was a diverting read and Orion was interesting :-)

Journal Entry 12 by tourvel at an einen weiteren Leser, per Post geschickt -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (3/19/2013 UTC) at an einen weiteren Leser, per Post geschickt -- Controlled Releases

Auf dem Weg zu DEESSE. Viel Vergnügen beim Lesen!

Journal Entry 13 by wingDEESSEwing at Erstein, Alsace France on Monday, April 08, 2013

Found the book today (after the Easter holidays) in my pigeon hole at school.

I'm looking forward to reading another Artemis Fowl - hopefully soon!
(B.t.w.: I will force my little pupils to read the first book in German in the German lessons, even though it is probably only half as funny as in English.)