corner corner Stardust

Stardust
by Neil Gaiman | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by wingdark-dracowing of Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on 10/11/2010

status (set by kinedi): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingdark-dracowing from Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 11, 2010

I love this author and loved the film, so couldn't resist this when I found it in the local charity shop.

Journal Entry 2 by wingdark-dracowing at Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 19, 2013

I was slightly disappointed by this book and (I don't say this very often) like the film a lot more. The story follows Tristan Thorn as he travels into the world of Faerie to bring back a falling star that he hopes will make the girl he loves marry him. He encounters lots of weird an dwonderful characters along the way, has to save the star from an evil witch who wants to cut out her heart and avoid the fighting heirs of a dead Duke. It's a good story and enjoyable, in the same way that fairytale's are enjoyable - but none of the characters really have a lot of substance. They seemed flimsy, ephemeral and flitted in and off the pages leaving very little behind. So while I did enjoy the day I spent in its company, it's not a book I would need to reread - I think I'll go and watch the film instead.

Journal Entry 3 by wingdark-dracowing at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (9/7/2013 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Off to Scotland as a RABCK - hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 4 by LittleSuz at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Thank you so much for this surprise rabck dark-draco. It was lovely to get in this morning's post.

Journal Entry 5 by LittleSuz at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, March 09, 2018

Oh I love Neil Gaiman! This was fab. Just enchanting and delightful throughout. Yvaine the star was my favourite.

It's funny to note the date when I journalled this - just a month after my son was born back in 2013. I was very sleep-deprived and in the grip of postnatal depression at the time, and thus I have no memory of receiving the book at all! But getting a surprise rack when I was going through such a dark time must've been a comfort. Thank you.

Journal Entry 6 by LittleSuz at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, March 18, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (3/18/2018 UTC) at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Released at meetup

If you are new to bookcrossing - welcome and congratulations for finding a book! Please leave a journal entry to let me and any other readers know where it has gone and what you thought of it.

Journal Entry 7 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, March 19, 2018

Left over at the Meet Up, one of my all time favourite Neil Gaiman's so had to pick up and hopefully find a new reader for it

Journal Entry 8 by wingkinediwing at City Centre in Krakow, Małopolskie Poland on Monday, April 16, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (4/29/2018 UTC) at City Centre in Krakow, Małopolskie Poland

Welcome to Bookcrossing.

Thank you for catching this book! I hope that you enjoy it and will consider exploring this site and possibly joining. It is free and loads of fun, as you can track your released books in their travels, possibly all over the world!

Please feel free to keep this book for as long as you wish, and whenever you're ready, pass it on. Then watch its journey - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes a new journal entry. It's all confidential, free and fun (and addictive - but in a GOOD way)!

You may remain anonymous, but if you choose to join the site, I hope that you will consider using me, kinedi, as the one who referred you.

Congratulations on finding a Bookcrossing book and Happy Reading!!!