corner corner The Best Alternate History Stories of the 20th Century

The Best Alternate History Stories of the 20th Century
by Martin Harry Greenberg | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by davemurray101 of Granville, New South Wales Australia on 10/10/2010

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by davemurray101 from Granville, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, October 10, 2010

Some of science fiction's most visionary authors present a collection of chilling "what if" stories that offer an alternate version of actual historical events in an anthology that includes Kim Stanley Robinson's "The Lucky Strike," Greg Bear's "Through Road No Wither," and works by Gregory Benford, Susan Schwartz, Harry Turtledove, and others.

Journal Entry 2 by davemurray101 at Valentine, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, October 10, 2010

A great mixed bag of Alternative History SF. The Standouts in this collection would be Kim Stanley Robinson's take on Hiroshima. Greg Bear's story about Nazi Europe and of course Ward Moore's classic 'Bring the Jubilee'. Some not so great, but that is to be expected in any collection of stories.

Journal Entry 3 by davemurray101 at A fellow BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, November 29, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (11/30/2010 UTC) at A fellow BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Posted to hyphen8 of Hawaii

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, December 09, 2010

Thanks very much - I enjoy alternate history and I haven't read most of these yet!

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, October 24, 2011

Discovered that I have another copy of this, so I'll be looking for a new home for this one soon.

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at Ward Warehouse in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (1/7/2012 UTC) at Ward Warehouse in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Left on one of the tables outside The Patisserie; released for Week 1 of Secretariat's 2012 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Release Challenge ("20" or "12" on the cover) and ekorren's 52 towns challenge (Honolulu).

This book was set free to find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

I'd be thrilled if you'd make a journal entry to let the book's previous readers know that it's safely in your hands - you may even do so anonymously.

If you're new to BookCrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community of book lovers and learn about what it has to offer. If you decide to sign up, you may use me (hyphen8) as your referring member, but that's certainly not required.

In fact, there are no requirements: this is now your book and you may do whatever you like with it. You're welcome to keep it for as long as you wish, and you can even mark it for your "permanent collection"...but you don't have to.

Please do feel free to make a journal entry when you're done with the book saying what you thought of it or what you plan to do with it next: if you decide to pass it this book to another reader or leave it for someone else to find, joining BookCrossing will allow you to follow the book's future travels whenever another reader makes a journal entry...who knows where it will turn up next?

Free your books - help spread the words!