corner corner Dead Run

Dead Run
by P. J. Tracy | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by jfs322 of Grassington, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 10/4/2010

status (set by Boo262): available

Journal Entry 1 by jfs322 from Grassington, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 04, 2010

If you go down to the woods today...
...you may not come out alive.

It should have been a simple journey: three friends driving cross-sountry towards Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Then Grace, Annie and Sharon break down... Deep in the northern woods, far from civilisation.

Journal Entry 2 by jfs322 at Grassington, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (10/14/2010 UTC) at Grassington, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

My first release, sent to Releanna in Austria - fingers crossed!

Journal Entry 3 by wingReleannawing at Wien Bezirk 23 - Liesing, Wien Austria on Tuesday, October 19, 2010

thank you so much for this wishlist-book!
And it was perfectly timed, too!
I just finished reading "Live Bait" an hour ago :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingReleannawing at Wien Bezirk 23 - Liesing, Wien Austria on Friday, November 12, 2010

this was a fantastic book to read! P.J. Tracy get better and better!

Journal Entry 5 by wingReleannawing at to fulfill a wish, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (12/22/2010 UTC) at to fulfill a wish, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

I hope you'll like this book just as much as I did :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, December 31, 2010

Thank you so much! I read my first of this series in the summer and lovd it, and I'm looking forward to reading more. As Mt TBR is huge, it may be a while before I can get to it.
Have a very happy 2011 !

Journal Entry 7 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sorry it's taken me a while to get to this. This was just as good as the first in the series, hope there are more to come as they are such compelling reads

Journal Entry 8 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, February 10, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (2/11/2012 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is being added to the UK Crime Book Box.

Journal Entry 9 by elstaplador at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, April 08, 2012

Chosen from the UK Crime Bookbox.

Journal Entry 10 by elstaplador at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Saturday, September 15, 2012

One of the best thrillers I've read in a while - three strong female characters, holding their own against ridiculous odds, a horrific yet plausible set-up, glorious technobabble, and a vividly described setting.

I was vaguely surprised to find that 'P. J. Tracy' is actually a mother-daughter team. I'd half-expected that the initials would conceal a female writer (it seems to be the only way to sell to men, these days; see also Rowling, J. K.) - well, they do. P. J. is the mother and Traci is the daughter. I couldn't have told from the writing; the only blooper, so far as I could see, was that a minor character's unseen wife was called 'Paula' in one chapter and 'Cheryl' in the next.

It took me a depressingly long time to work out that the villains weren't who they claimed to be. I have become very cynical about authority figures with guns, evidently.

Journal Entry 11 by elstaplador at Old Sarum Castle in Old Sarum, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (9/15/2012 UTC) at Old Sarum Castle in Old Sarum, Wiltshire United Kingdom

This book has been released as part of the BookCrossing.com project, which allows readers to follow the books they've loved and passed on as they travel through the wild. If you enjoy this book, please consider leaving a journal entry below saying where you found it, what you thought of it, and where it might be going next.

Journal Entry 12 by Boo262 at Old Sarum, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Great book - not my usual read, but good escapism! My first book crossing experience too.