corner corner If Only It Were True

If Only It Were True
by Marc Levy | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 9/28/2010

status (set by machgirl1): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, March 21, 2011

Arthur's apartment is haunted by the presence of its former owner, a young woman, Laura, now lying comatose in hospital after a car crash. Once she has persuaded Arthur that this is indeed true, they begin to fall in love. But their relationship is at the mercy of Laura's life-support machine.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 05, 2011

It's so difficult not to compare films to the book they are based on & in my experience the two are nothing alike - & that's pretty much the case here! The names are different (why?), the characters first meeting is different & there's no police involved in the film....also there's a lot of back history about Arthur & his mother which I don't think would have translated well to the big screen. But both film & book are entertaining ...suspend belief, forget real life & just enjoy!

Read as part of the 2011 ULTIMATE CHALLENGE (#52) - Themed "MOVIE" read for May

By the way the movie is called "Just Like Heaven"

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Forget-Me-Not Trust Charity Shop in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, May 23, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (5/25/2011 UTC) at Forget-Me-Not Trust Charity Shop in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Released as part of the 2011 ULTIMATE CHALLENGE - themed "MOVIE/TV" release for May

If you're reading this then you've found a travelling book!

The point of releasing book into the "wild" is that they are a free gift from the bookcrosser to the finder.However, in this case, the book was given as a donation to
the Forget-Me-Not Trust Charity Shop
so you will have had to pay for it. Thank you for purchasing it & contributing to the charity.

Or maybe you found it else where....if so, please tell us where it has travelled to!

I hope you enjoy reading it & when you've read it, why not do entry to say where it's going next & then all it's readers, past & present, will be able to follow it's travels.

(If you decide to join in the fun at bookcrossing, please consider putting me, Plum-crazy as your referring member.....help spread the words!)

Journal Entry 4 by machgirl1 at Lindley in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 17, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (10/18/2011 UTC) at Lindley in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

I bought this book in Oxfam books Huddersfield and was completely unaware of bookcrossing.com , until I opened the book and saw the little sticker ...........

I read this lovely book in one evening , couldn't put it down ....... reminded me of ' Ghost ' the movie and touched me on so many levels and although I'm going to release it in the morning , I'm also going to order a copy online ..............