corner corner Silence

Silence
by Thomas Perry | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 9/28/2010

status (set by AnonymousFinder): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, March 21, 2011

Six years ago, Jack Till helped Wendy Harper disappear. But now her ex-boyfriend and former business partner, Eric Fuller, is being framed for her presumed murder in an effort to smoke her out, and Till must find her before tango-dancing assassins Paul and Sylvie Turner do.

The Turners are merely hired to do a job, though, and prefer to remain anonymous. When they find that a middleman has let the true employer know their identities, finishing the job is no longer enough. Their fee just went up. And now they must double-cross the man who wants Wendy dead before he can double-cross them—if their jealousy and cold-blooded calculations don't result in a fatal lovers' quarrel first.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 24, 2011

I'd never heard of this author but when I saw this in a charity shop for 25p it seemed too good to miss - after all it I could always just release it for the AUGUST ONE WORD CHALLENGE. But I read it.....& what a cracking read it was!

Jack Till helped Wendy Harper disappear 6 years ago & now he needs to find her...& this could so easily have been the whole story, Jack tracking down Wendy & trying to get her to safety but instead we also get the story of Paul & Sylvie Turner - the two assassins who are also hunting Wendy. In fact I enjoyed the background of how they became assassins & their side of the story more than that of Jack & Wendys!

The two stories running alongside results in a gripping, fast-paced thriller that for me was above average. I'll be on the lookout for more by this author & to see if Jack...& in indeed the Turners....feature in any other books.

Read as part of the 2011 ULTIMATE CHALLENGE (#91)

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Port William Community Shop in Port William, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, August 22, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (8/27/2011 UTC) at Port William Community Shop in Port William, Scotland United Kingdom

To be handed in at shop sometime over the Bank Holiday weekend

Released as part of the 2011 ULTIMATE CHALLENGE &
the AUGUST ONE WORD Challenge (#18)

Thank you for taking the time to visit us at BookCrossing.
A book which has been released into the "wild" is a free gift from the bookcrosser to the finder.
However, in this case, the book was given as a donation to a charity shop.

If you were the purchaser of the book, then thank you for contributing to the charity.

You can now help us to follow this books travels by taking a moment to make a journal entry. (It won't cost you anything to do this & your privacy is guaranteed.) You can let us know how you got it, what you thought of it or let us know where it's going next - you can write as much or as little as you like!

This will help this book's readers to track it's travels & your help is greatly appreciated.

I hope you enjoy reading it....& if you decided to join in the fun at BookCrossing, please consider putting me, Plum-crazy as your referring member.

Edit: 14th November 2011
Thank you AnonymousFinder - glad you enjoyed the book :o)

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Port William, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, November 14, 2011

good read